Solved Multiple accounts on one pc

• Thread starter jsxn
  • Start date
  • Views 12,974
jsxn

jsxn

Reaction score
Sin$
So I got GTA on epic games when it became free. I then bought a code off CDKeys because I wanted a new account. It says to use the rockstar games luncher, which I did. It accepted the key but it makes me load the game through epic games which is linked to my other account and then won’t work because it tells me I’m on the wrong account and closes the game!

Is there anyway to have two gta accounts on one pc?
Thanks

Solution
ZekyVex
Yes but do you have each version installed?

I have Steam versions on one PC and if I try playing another account in Rockstar games Launcher it will not launch the game because it is the Steam Version.

The other thing in my case is I don’t have a vast amount of hard drive space so I am unable to install more than one copy per PC at a time.

Please Elaborate upon your response and help this user by telling him what it is you are doing to play multiple accounts on one PC with different versions of the game.
Yes, I have it installed for each. However, I copied the files from one to the two others otherwise it would take ages to download, if you copy it directly from another GTAV folder it takes 1 - 3 hours.
Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Think of each game service as if it were a console.
You can have multiple accounts on Xbox and PS4 but cannot access them cross platform.
If you have an Epic account but the game is the Rockstar Launcher versión you will not be able to play it as it is a different “console”.

Basically there are three versions of the game for PC:
  • Rockstar Games Launcher(standalone)
  • Steam
  • Epic
You can run the game on multiple accounts if you are using the same platform.
For example I have multiple copies of the game on Steam, Epic and Rockstar Launcher.
I also have multiple PCs.
My hard drive space on each is limited so
each PC is set up to run one of the three PC platforms for GTA.

Im sure if I had more hard drive space or an external hard drive to install another version of the game on it would work.
Do you happen to have an external hard drive to use?
I’ll hook one of mine up and test it out in my laptop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ZekyVex

ZekyVex

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I can play GTAV - Epic Games, Rockstar Games, and Steam using one PC without having to uninstall every time or whatever was said above.

Upvote 0
Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I can play GTAV - Epic Games, Rockstar Games, and Steam using one PC without having to uninstall every time or whatever was said above.

I have Steam versions on one PC and if I try playing another account in Rockstar games Launcher it will not launch the game because it is the Steam Version.

The other thing in my case is I don’t have a vast amount of hard drive space so I am unable to install more than one copy per PC at a time.

Please Elaborate upon your response and help this user by telling him what it is you are doing to play multiple accounts on one PC with different versions of the game.

Upvote 0
ZekyVex

ZekyVex

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Yes, I have it installed for each. However, I copied the files from one to the two others otherwise it would take ages to download, if you copy it directly from another GTAV folder it takes 1 - 3 hours.

Upvote 0
Solution
Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Good advice.
I’m currently doing this in a laptop using an external SSD I’m sure the game should run just fine from it.
My laptops hard drive is only 250 GB.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register