What's new

Question Multiman Not Recognizing Games on External HDD.

S

soggy123

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

I am having an annoying issue with multiman. I formatted my external HDD to fat32, set it up with a GAMES (also tried GAMEZ) folder and placed the needed games in there. So the path is (HDD/GAMES/GAMEFOLDER/GAMEFILES). As specified above I have also changed the GAMES folder to GAMEZ with no avail.

Below I will list exactly what I do:
1. Turn PS3 On
2. Plug in and Power HDD
3. Make sure the HDD shows up in the XMB (which it does)
4. Launch multiman, refresh, but nothing is found.

What I have seen is that it works fine with my flash drive, find games on there just fine.

The peculiar thing is that when I plug my USB Flash Drive into the USB HUB of the PS3, in the port closest to the BD drive, it comes up as "dev_usb000".
If I then plug my HDD into the same drive, it comes up as "dev_usb071".

I am currently able to launch some games by going into the file manager inside of multiman and launching games manually from the inside of the HDD. Though does not allow me to set any settings on it, which causes complications with some games that I am trying to play.

I would really appreciate some help.

EDIT: ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED. WILL POST A TUTORIAL IN TIME.

Last edited:
Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

I am having an annoying issue with multiman. I formatted my external HDD to fat32, set it up with a GAMES (also tried GAMEZ) folder and placed the needed games in there. So the path is (HDD/GAMES/GAMEFOLDER/GAMEFILES). As specified above I have also changed the GAMES folder to GAMEZ with no avail.

Below I will list exactly what I do:
1. Turn PS3 On
2. Plug in and Power HDD
3. Make sure the HDD shows up in the XMB (which it does)
4. Launch multiman, refresh, but nothing is found.

What I have seen is that it works fine with my flash drive, find games on there just fine.

The peculiar thing is that when I plug my USB Flash Drive into the USB HUB of the PS3, in the port closest to the BD drive, it comes up as "dev_usb000".
If I then plug my HDD into the same drive, it comes up as "dev_usb071".

I am currently able to launch some games by going into the file manager inside of multiman and launching games manually from the inside of the HDD. Though does not allow me to set any settings on it, which causes complications with some games that I am trying to play.

I would really appreciate some help.
Using external drives can be tricky and annoying but I’ll try my best to help you out. Firstly, what type of external HDD is it and how many Gigabytes does it have ?

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The drive is a Toshiba External Drive PH3100U-1EXB

It has 931 GB.
So basically 1TB, you’re positive that the entire HDD is formatted as FAT32 correct ?

Also, make sure your folders are set up the right way. It should be either GAMES or GAMEZ on the root of your HDD and inside that folder should be the actual game, for example if it was the BLES version of GTA V it should say

BLES01807-[Grand Theft Auto V]

Now inside that folder you should see multiple .rar files. Go ahead and select all of those files, right click and click EXTRACT HERE. It will then turn the files into two folders and a separate file, you need the files to be like this or else multiman won’t recognize them !

Inside the game folder there should only be three things, one folder named PS3_GAME another named PS3_UPDATE and a PS3_DISC file. If it is not like this, multiman will NOT recognize the game on the HDD.

Last edited:
S

soggy123

Reaction score
Sin$
C0R2S

C0R2S
HDD PARTITION:

File Path:

C0R2S

S

soggy123

Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm, you have all the correct files, try renaming it GAMES with an S and not a Z. Also, are there actually files inside the PS3_GAME folder ?

I updated the photos above, trying to get used to this forums still haha.

I have tried both GAMES and GAMEZ.

I have multiple games in there, BO2 is just an example of on I have set up, and yes there are files in PS3_GAME

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I updated the photos above, trying to get used to this forums still haha.

I have tried both GAMES and GAMEZ.

I have multiple games in there, BO2 is just an example of on I have set up, and yes there are files in PS3_GAME
Damn, this is weird. You’ve done everything correct I’m not sure why it isn’t working. I’m going to do some research on Google and see if I find anything.

S

soggy123

Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have a discord I could add you on? Would be easier to give you the information that I have and to share pictures.

If you do, would be very helpful if you added me: SoggyBurrito#0964

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have a discord I could add you on? Would be easier to give you the information that I have and to share pictures.

I do, if you haven’t already you could join the Se7ensins discord here https://discordapp.com/invite/se7ensins

My discord is CaliTheGod#4059

Top Bottom
Login
Register