MP Ban, Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Coletrain17, Feb 16, 2009 with 8 replies and 516 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    UPDATE: My friend, after changing his IP, decided to standby again. Turns out it was against the number 1 player in the world: Bedroom Thief.

As usual, he got hate messages, and threats and all that jazz. Bedroom said he had friends over at epic and was gunna get him banned for good. People make this dry threat all the time, so he wasn't worried. An hour later, guess who pops up on the opposing team? Bedroom Thief!!! They standby him again and that's all it took. He sent in the video he has recorded to his "friend" at epic, who turned out to be real. After seeing him standby his friend bedroom thief, twice in one day, the Epic rep was pissed.

They "perma" banned his IP on the spot. He got all his **** changed, new IP address, new hard drive, etc. Still can't play MP. The option to play MP on his screen is gray. When he hits the left bumper it doesn't let him join games in progress. The only way he can get into a game is if he is invited by a friend. That seems to be the only way around the MP ban.

So a word to the wise, try not to standby this kid. He DOES have friends at epic, and WILL get you in trouble.

2. Cymbal

Cymbal Best of You

Ratings:
    Good thing I rarely play gow2 anymore, let alone standby. Let this be a warning to everyone who still standbys I guess.

3. Headshots 1125

Headshots 1125 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Banning IP's are stupid as ****...Just do what bungie does. Ban the Account or the Console.

4. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    It probably wasn't a "friend" at Epic, turning in the video was probably enough to do it. If you all want to not get in trouble, play the first round legit, and then quit, or just don't play at all.

5. sO x GoDLY

sO x GoDLY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    While i still don't believe you because your friend could easily send you pictures since it is grayed out even after he did all this changing etc etc, bedroom probably doesn't have a friend at EPIC.

There are tons of videos on youtube of people getting standbyed and epic doesn't do anything to them.

Your story just seems lacking stuff, no offense.

6. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    I'm not sure whats true on Bedroom Thief's side of the story, but what my friend is telling me is true. The only way he can get into games is if he is invited.

7. sO x GoDLY

sO x GoDLY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can you have your friend take pics of multiplayer grayed out?

8. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Sure. You're going to look like such a moron when I post this

9. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I can neither confirm nor deny the statement that Coletrain17 has brought to our attention. As of right now, all of this flaming is going to stop. Coletrain will send me a picture as evidence, and once he does, or does not, I will reopen this thread. Until then,

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.