MP Ban is Legit, and Has Happened

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Coletrain17, Feb 13, 2009 with 24 replies and 733 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    MY friend got MP banned today for boosting. He got into a game with 5 epic reps (who were all stars) and host quit em. He says that they literally dragged him into a party and they asked him some questions. After an interrogation, he was MP banned for 48 days. I asked what they did to ban him, and he said that from his front screen, the option "multiplayer" was greyed out and when he tried to scroll to it, it would skip it.

He was legitimately banned. He tried all of his live accounts and still, no dice. Then he changed his IP and is back online. But he's gunna think twice before boosting again!

2. sO x GoDLY

sO x GoDLY Enthusiast

Ratings:
  3. .Capacity

.Capacity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    oh shut the hell up godly. why would he lie to you to get you to stop boosting when he boosts himself

4. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Honestly Godly, what the hell. Nobody gives a **** what you think. How the hell am I supposed to get pics when it didn't happen to me? It happened to a friend of mine. Would you rather have had me not tell you guys? Give you a fair warning?

I'm just saying if you get into a game of all 5 stars who's bio reads: You Down With Epic? DO NOT CHEAT THEM. Epic has put out people to play for them and encounter cheaters. You may think I'm bs'ing you, but I'm not. Believe what you want, but I think I've deserved a bit of respect on these forums. Why would I tarnish by credibility?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cymbal

Cymbal Best of You

Ratings:
    Thank god I quit playing until TU3. Anyway, that sucks for your friend.

If anyone's going to bridge, I wouldn't host quit / standby at all.

6. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    You can still standby, just make sure it isn't against epic reps.

7. o CLiFF x

o CLiFF x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm gonna put that im an Epic Rep in my bio and tell all my friends to do it. Then that may stop us getting stand-byed. :thumbup:

8. sO x GoDLY

sO x GoDLY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    LOL at the first two posts those guys seriously RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

You guys need to lighten up, also i will be reporting both of your posts :smile:

9. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
  10. .Capacity

.Capacity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    pics or you didnt report it

11. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    :thumbdown:

(Moment of Silence)

FAIL

So how many reps do you think there are? Are they going to start branching to non employees?

12. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    I'm not sure. All I know is that their gamerpics are "EPIC" in a shield type thing, and their bio says, "You Down With Epic?"

13. iDecryption

iDecryption Enthusiast

Ratings:
    lol that was good. The only comeback to that is touch :biggrin:

14. .Capacity

.Capacity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i try hahaha.

15. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    I want that picture, must make those kids feel like they have Big online ****s... Retractable or they grow back fast, they sure aren't there when they're getting raped...

16. Havok EH

Havok EH Newbie

Ratings:
    Damn but i doubt this would happen unless you actually matched and cheated people from EPIC though

17. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    you have to cross an EPIC Rep...

18. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    Damnit, otaku! xD i was drinking water when i read this, made laugh and you dont want to know what happened.

19. Emotive

Emotive Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I can promise you there are not five people at EPIC who are 5-star ranks and second of all, they would only ban your account, not your console.

20. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    UPDATE: My friend, after changing his IP, decided to standby again. Turns out it was against the number 1 player in the world: Bedroom Thief.

As usual, he got hate messages, and threats and all that jazz. Bedroom said he had friends over at epic and was gunna get him banned for good. People make this dry threat all the time, so he wasn't worried. An hour later, guess who pops up on the opposing team? Bedroom Thief!!! They standby him again and that's all it took. He sent in the video he has recorded to his "friend" at epic, who turned out to be real. After seeing him standby his friend bedroom thief, twice in one day, the Epic rep was pissed.

They "perma" banned his IP on the spot. He got all his **** changed, new IP address, new hard drive, etc. Still can't play MP. The option to play MP on his screen is gray. When he hits the left bumper it doesn't let him join games in progress. The only way he can get into a game is if he is invited by a friend. That seems to be the only way around the MP ban.

So a word to the wise, try not to standby this kid. He DOES have friends at epic, and WILL get you in trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.