Motherboard Compatabilitly ASUS M4A79

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by GhStRdR2k, Jun 13, 2009 with 2 replies and 618 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhStRdR2k

GhStRdR2k Newbie

Ratings:
    I didn't see this so I am posting it. If it does sorry and feel free to move this where is should be.

I have the ASUS M4A79 Deluxe Motherboard which has AMD 790FX / SB750 chipset and I WAS successfully able to flash iXtreme 1.6 to my BenQ drive using JungleFlasher 1.62 and the onboard sata ports.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy Getting There

Ratings:
    i have a asus and i was going to flash my xbox so it helps.

3. OP
    GhStRdR2k

GhStRdR2k Newbie

Ratings:
    I was curious if I could use my onboard sata ports, so I plugged my drive in and went into my bios on my PC and the 360 drive showed up in the bios. So after that I figured that it "should" work, and it did.

It did take a little trial and error, I had to try 3 different sata ports till I found one that didnt cause my PC to have an aneurism. 2 of the ports when I opened JungleFlasher would cause my PC to give me 5 different errors, made my desktop stop working, couldnt use ctrl-alt-del. Just had to turn off my computer. The 3rd one worked just fine, no errors and JungleFlasher correctly idenitfied my drive.