• Views 788
Status
Not open for further replies.
xXmanslaughtrXx

xXmanslaughtrXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not saying this is going to be the actual price, but i can honestly see it costing as so.

xbox: $400
ps4: $350

reports that Pachter made his predictions in a pre-E3 address to investors today, during which the analyst placed the PS4′s build cost per console at $275, and added that the Xbox One will cost $325 per unit.

source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/03/xbox-one-to-cost-399-ps4-for-349-says-pachter/

The Agency

The Agency

Last day of Premium
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The X1 better blow people away at E3 or else people are going to buy the PS4 since it is rumored to be better for gaming and $50 less, If that is the price of both consoles.

CAPiiX

CAPiiX

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If they don't share the price for these consoles at E3 then I'd be happy to predict, but since there isn't much to base the price of these consoles then I can't even come up with an estimation.

Cameron

Cameron

Audiophile
Fabled Veteran Donator Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not saying this is going to be the actual price, but i can honestly see it costing as so.

xbox: $400
ps4: $350

reports that Pachter made his predictions in a pre-E3 address to investors today, during which the analyst placed the PS4′s build cost per console at $275, and added that the Xbox One will cost $325 per unit.

source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/03/xbox-one-to-cost-399-ps4-for-349-says-pachter/
I hope the Xbox One is going to be $400, that would be awesome! Especially since I'm expecting a $500 price tag. I have a feeling it's going to be cheaper than the PS4 though.

xXmanslaughtrXx

xXmanslaughtrXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope the Xbox One is going to be $400, that would be awesome! Especially since I'm expecting a $500 price tag. I have a feeling it's going to be cheaper than the PS4 though.
You would think right? Since the console is cheaper to construct then no need to be more pricy. I'm so anxious for e3

Patrick

Patrick

Tattooed White Trash
Stickied Contest Sponsor Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope its $400 that seems like a fair price in my eyes.

Cameron

Cameron

Audiophile
Reaction score
Sin$
You would think right? Since the console is cheaper to construct then no need to be more pricy. I'm so anxious for e3
Me too man, me too. It's gonna be sick. Do you know if I'll be able to watch it on my Xbox?

Patrick

Patrick

Tattooed White Trash
Reaction score
Sin$
Me too man, me too. It's gonna be sick. Do you know if I'll be able to watch it on my Xbox?

Yes you will be able to watch the e3 briefing on the Xbox 360. Just give it time and they will announce it.

Cameron

Cameron

Audiophile
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes you will be able to watch the e3 briefing on the Xbox 360. Just give it time and they will announce it.
What about after the fact? I will probably be at work so I won't get to watch it live.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

Bundling the Kinect with the X1 is going to effect price. I would be very surprised if the X1 is cheaper. The only way I see that being possible is if they subsidize it or have a subscription model (3 year XBL contract).

It's interesting seeing the cost per console vs retail price.
Clearly shows Microsoft will be making all their money with the extra features, while the PS4 won't be nickel and diming as much (or even at all).

Patrick

Patrick

Tattooed White Trash
Reaction score
Sin$
What about after the fact? I will probably be at work so I won't get to watch it live.

You can always request that day off. Or you can set your vacation for next week.

Cameron

Cameron

Audiophile
Reaction score
Sin$
You can always request that day off. Or you can set your vacation for next week.
Ehh, there's no way I could get away with that this little in advance. There's like a 3 week minimum notice for requesting days off. Taking a vacation is much more complicated.

xXmanslaughtrXx

xXmanslaughtrXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bundling the Kinect with the X1 is going to effect price. I would be very surprised if the X1 is cheaper. The only way I see that being possible is if they subsidize it or have a subscription model (3 year XBL contract).

It's interesting seeing the cost per console vs retail price.
Clearly shows Microsoft will be making all their money with the extra features, while the PS4 won't be nickel and diming as much (or even at all).
Even if ps4 is better imo microsoft will be in my favor. Non the less i hear sony is actually in debt. It just sounds like it would take one fatal move on them to effect them dramatically.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Even if ps4 is better imo microsoft will be in my favor. Non the less i hear sony is actually in debt. It just sounds like it would take one fatal move on them to effect them dramatically.

They plan on selling bonds in June and plan to raise enough money to cover their debt and use the rest to invest. However, Sony was in trouble for awhile, I thought the 360 was going to put them out for good, but between them dropping the price of the PS3 to -$15 cost per console (yes they were losing money on each system sold) and the sheer amount of RROD cases saved them. If Microsoft would have just released the Slim, it would have been over with.

Unless Microsoft can win back everyone they've pissed off with the X1 they will be the ones in trouble, 3+ billion dollar deal with AMD + 1 billion invested in games for the X1 puts them severely in the hole not even counting everything else (all the research put into the Kinect 2, ect).

I read an article last week that said if the X1 flops Microsoft could be in serious trouble, Windows 8 was a flop, their tablets aren't doing that great, and Windows 8 phones only hold 3% in the smartphone industry. I always joke around with friends that Microsoft has the unlimited money code, but that could very well change.

E

EltonJohn

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Bundling the Kinect with the X1 is going to effect price.
Microsoft already make alot of money from the Kinect technology from selling the licenses onto developers etc. They could afford to bundle the kinect at a loss of their production cost.

N

NineTwoSeven927

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
MS greedy a******s need to just die...

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft already make alot of money from the Kinect technology from selling the licenses onto developers etc. They could afford to bundle the kinect at a loss of their production cost.

If the X1 is more than the PS4 (even if it's $50 like above) it will be because of the Kinect. That's all I meant.

E

EltonJohn

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If the X1 is more than the PS4 (even if it's $50 like above) it will be because of the Kinect. That's all I meant.
Yeah certainly looks like Kinect might be the most expensive part, i'm going to have a go at trying to work out the cost of both consoles myself when i get a bit of time to do some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register