• Thread starter Eblade67
  • Start date
  • Views 3,776
Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
I got my 15 gold but not got my $1100 for ultimate yet as I also pre ordered.
See below.

Title Update 1.05 has been released addressing general improvements to fix game stability, save data and to address exploits.

Gold Gift: As a thank you for your ongoing support, we are awarding everyone who has played from the Red Dead Online Beta launch through this Thursday, December 20th with a gift of 15 additional gold bars. The awards will begin rolling out today and if you haven’t experienced the Red Dead Online Beta yet, play by Thursday, December 20th for eligibility. All gold bar gifts should be delivered by Monday, December 24th. Keep an eye out for an alert screen when entering the Red Dead Online Beta to confirm the gift.

Cash Gift: As an added thank you to players who pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2, and those who purchased either the Special or Ultimate Edition, we are awarding additional RDO$ gifts. These will be active starting Friday, December 21st and are automatically added to your character’s balance the next time you play Red Dead Online during the Beta and permanently afterwards:

• Special Edition Owners: RDO$100
  • Ultimate Edition Owners: RDO$1,000
  • Everyone who pre-ordered: RDO$100 (in addition to Ultimate and Special Edition gifts)

MadeGuy

MadeGuy

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess I need to log in and claim that gold. All kinds of freebies, all different kiiiinds.

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice, I get 1k more. I already got a $250 bonus last week. :thumbsup:

It was added :thumbsup::tongue::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Legend

I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ
Frame In Gold Mr. Nice Guy A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I barely play yet im getting all this free stuff :smile: Don't even need to buy any gold :tongue:

Heathen Inferos

Heathen Inferos

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I barely play yet im getting all this free stuff :smile: Don't even need to buy any gold :tongue:
This is probably just to warm us up to buying Gold Bars. “Oh, I have 2 Gold but need 80 for that thing? Nah”. Oooor, “Oh, I need 80 for that thing and already have 50? Aaah, I’ll just buy the small pack and grind a little bit”.

Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
This is probably just to warm us up to buying Gold Bars. “Oh, I have 2 Gold but need 80 for that thing? Nah”. Oooor, “Oh, I need 80 for that thing and already have 50? Aaah, I’ll just buy the small pack and grind a little bit”.
Probably but as I stated previously they won't be getting f*** all from me :tongue:

Last edited:
Heathen Inferos

Heathen Inferos

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Probably but as I started previously they won't be getting f*** all from me :tongue:
If people stay true to their word, pretty much the entire Red Dead Redemption community on Reddit wont, either - myself included. Micahtransactions are unacceptable.

BombasticcBoyy

BombasticcBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If people stay true to their word, pretty much the entire Red Dead Redemption community on Reddit wont, either - myself included. Micahtransactions are unacceptable.
lets be honest here, the majority of the community not buying the gold cards will not affect R* change in attitude towards microtransactions as they know that the vast majority of the ppl unhappy with it were never going to buy them in the first place. They rely on the small % of players who continuosly spend money whenever new products are added to the game. There might be some who are hesitant due to the current inflated gold prices, but if they reduce it a bit, then more ppl will purchase the cards. Essentially, protesting against the microtransactions is pointless as it wont be removed no matter what.

Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
lets be honest here, the majority of the community not buying the gold cards will not affect R* change in attitude towards microtransactions as they know that the vast majority of the ppl unhappy with it were never going to buy them in the first place. They rely on the small % of players who continuosly spend money whenever new products are added to the game. There might be some who are hesitant due to the current inflated gold prices, but if they reduce it a bit, then more ppl will purchase the cards. Essentially, protesting against the microtransactions is pointless as it wont be removed no matter what.

Never say never
Like EA they had to climb down or lose their whole fifa community.

BombasticcBoyy

BombasticcBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Never say never
Like EA they had to climb down or lose their whole fifa community.
true, but EA were simply using scumbag methods to get money. However, R* has been smart with the way they do these things and have experience from gta. Do you think those free 30 gold bars (15 last week and another 15 this week) and the in-game cash bonuses from the kindness of their hearts? Nope, it's to ease the bitterness of the majority by portraying themselves as a generous company and reduce the frustration of the beta so far. With 30 gold bars from them, most players should have over at least 40 gold bars or more, and thats enough to purchase the black arabian, the most expensive item in the game. This will all change when more content is added, but for now, it leaves ppl satisfied with the free gold they recieved. With their communication and responding to feedback, the majority of the community is not outraged as they were with EA.

Another thing to note, EA made several errors in how they dealt with the community. I think it started with the star wars thing where you couldnt play as a main character (i think it was darth vader or luke? not sure) so a similar analogy would be where you could play as arthur morgan in RDR2, but would have to pay if you wanted to play as John in the epilogue. Moreover, the rude remarks made by EA staff member also bombed their company. I just dont see R* making any of these mistakes. They might reduce the prices of the gold cards if there is a massive outrage, but there is no way they will remove mtxn completely

Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
Free money should drop today guys.
$1100 for ultimate users who also pre ordered

Last edited:
Mr Gta Glitcha

Mr Gta Glitcha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sweet i got over 3000 now. I’m trying to save up for first dlc update.

BombasticcBoyy

BombasticcBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sweet i got over 3000 now. I’m trying to save up for first dlc update.
I only have $1800 and that includes the 1100 bonus from rockstar today. Technically, i have earned over $24,000 in the game so far, but i spent a lot of money for upgrades/clothes/weapons/etc and only have 1800 left. Im done with hunting/fishing as abt $20,000 i earned was from them, and just play showdowns for now until new dlc. but the money i earn in showdowns is nothing to what i earn in hunting tho

Top Bottom
Login
Register