Monitor messed up

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by Cameron, Dec 17, 2008 with 8 replies and 157 views.

1. Cameron

Cameron Audiophile

Ratings:
    It keeps flickering. The colors are weird and it is all messed up. Some stuff looks pixelated and staticy. My monitor is a 19" widescreen LCD monitor. The resolution is 1680 by 1050. And I have only two refresh rate choices, 59 and 60. I've even tried using a different resolution and changing the refresh rate, it doesn't help. My monitor has been working fine until just recently. The video card and monitor are pretty new. I got the computer and monitor at the beginning of August this year. Also, pictures pretty much glare and everything is pretty bright.

2. itzmeluigi

itzmeluigi Premium Premium

Ratings:
    hm first id try reinstalling your graphic card drivers and reseating the graphics card. If thats a no go id try using another monitor cable if you have another one.

3. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Mine just went a little crazy, and it was because of my cables; try checking those.

4. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    About to say that because this has happened to me before but my screen was tinted blue.

Here is a little test you can use to tell which is the problem:
    Switch monitors, if its still "broken" then you know its your computer.
    If the monitor you replaced doesn't do what your LCD on was doing then its the monitor.

5. Link Gray

Link Gray Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah, every once and awhile, my screen suddenly becomes tinted with blue, or other colours. After moving the cables a bit, it goes back to normal.

I don't know if that's your problem or not, but it's worth trying.

6. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    probabily needs a certain driver

7. OP
    Cameron

Cameron Audiophile

Ratings:
    I tried disabling my video card and everything looked fine. Then when I enabled it everything went weird again. I tried going back to earlier updates and searching for new updates, but it still doesn't work. I guess I have to get a new video card. I've only had it since August. I don't know why it would break so fast.

It is a "NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics"

8. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Are you running XP or Vista?
    Check for updated drivers here

Code:
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

9. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Are the drivers installed twice? Sounds stupid, but that screwed everything up when I installed my graphics card a month or so ago. Sometimes Windows will install them, and you'll install them again without knowing it's already set up by Windows. :frown: