What's new

Solved MONEY FROM MODDER

oTo2p

oTo2p

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi so I got 50M from a modder in game (PC) am I meant to get banned?
I've modded online before and was banned for 10 days so if I get banned will I loose all my stuff??

I

ItalianDachshund

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I doubt it, it's not much $ and I THINK you mainly get banned for modding not receiving money, unless it's an absolute ridiculous amount :wink:

Upvote 0
Dr Krieger

Dr Krieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should be OK given what I've experienced and learned from friends, even if Rockstar can be a bit more watchful on PC versus console. Some tips to possibly help avoid red flags would be to keep the money as cash and not bank it. Also, does the modded money you picked up show as "Money earned from jobs" or "Picked up" cash (should be under Online -> Stats -> Cash, or someplace like that)? If it shows as "Money earned from jobs" that's good, as that is supposed to look much more legit versus having 50million shown as "Picked up" cash.

Upvote 0
Colytonwarrior

Colytonwarrior

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
At that amount you should be in OK.
Just receiving in game money from a modder can sometimes lead to your money being reset ( taken away ) by R*, but as ItalianD said I would not expect a ban.

Upvote 0
Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I've modded online before and was banned for 10 days so if I get banned will I loose all my stuff??
If you get banned, you're money will most likely be reset back to zero. But I haven't seen anyone losing their cars, apartments, guns, Pegasus vehicles. All those things should be but there is a very high chance that if you get banned again you will lose all you money. Not too sure about rank.

Upvote 0
Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
just dont put it in your bank
I always chuckle at these recommendations. Do you really think that Rockstar doesn't know how much money is in your "hand" OF course they know, your character doesn't really have pockets! Its a software program for Pete's sake! If you don't believe me, move some money into your hand, then go start a race or something. You will notice that on the setting screen where you can buy ammo or place a bet you will see how much money your character has. The number is the total of what is in his hand plus what is in the bank.

Upvote 0
oTo2p

oTo2p

Reaction score
Sin$
At that amount you should be in OK.
Just receiving in game money from a modder can sometimes lead to your money being reset ( taken away ) by R*, but as ItalianD said I would not expect a ban.

I don't think it necessarily matters if it's in cash or bank. Last I remember I think if you have a ridiculous amount you will get banned :wink:

If you get banned, you're money will most likely be reset back to zero. But I haven't seen anyone losing their cars, apartments, guns, Pegasus vehicles. All those things should be but there is a very high chance that if you get banned again you will lose all you money. Not too sure about rank.

You should be OK given what I've experienced and learned from friends, even if Rockstar can be a bit more watchful on PC versus console. Some tips to possibly help avoid red flags would be to keep the money as cash and not bank it. Also, does the modded money you picked up show as "Money earned from jobs" or "Picked up" cash (should be under Online -> Stats -> Cash, or someplace like that)? If it shows as "Money earned from jobs" that's good, as that is supposed to look much more legit versus having 50million shown as "Picked up" cash.

So my friend is a modder and I could ask him for more money LoL what do you think is the max of money that I could get from a modder and not get banned?
And the money that I got now is written as earned from jobs so I think I'm ok

Upvote 0
I

ItalianDachshund

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So my friend is a modder and I could ask him for more money LoL what do you think is the max of money that I could get from a modder and not get banned?
And the money that I got now is written as earned from jobs so I think I'm ok
I've always heard 99m or less is safe, but I've seen people with more who haven't had any reprocutions.

Upvote 0
Dr Krieger

Dr Krieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I always chuckle at these recommendations. Do you really think that Rockstar doesn't know how much money is in your "hand" OF course they know, your character doesn't really have pockets! Its a software program for Pete's sake! If you don't believe me, move some money into your hand, then go start a race or something. You will notice that on the setting screen where you can buy ammo or place a bet you will see how much money your character has. The number is the total of what is in his hand plus what is in the bank.
Seems like one of those "better safe than sorry" things at this point. While your point is very logical, I've had too many instances with both myself and friends (on last gen) where banking hundreds of million led to red flags and punishment, whereas others in that same lobby that kept it all as cash didn't get their money reset. Of course I also banked 150million a few weeks ago on a spare account on accident, with no reset or suspension... So while it's silly to think they can't see the cash or anything like that, I've seen pretty clear evidence (yet admittedly still circumstantial) that banking very large amounts of money can lead to unwanted attention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
JONNY0

JONNY0

GTA V / RL
Retired
A Milli Beginning of An Odyssey Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You should be fine but if you advertise it you won't be. I don't think you will get banned or lose your stuff but what you will lose is your money. What I would do with the money is put it all into cars so if they do want to take it away at least you have some left over to fall back on by selling all the cars.

Upvote 0
E

Express_me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't give my friends no more than 50m at a times when they spend it I give them 50m more just to be safe

Upvote 0
oTo2p

oTo2p

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't give my friends no more than 50m at a times when they spend it I give them 50m more just to be safe
Don't you get banned? I would like to know how you online with mods and not banned last I was with mods online I got banned

Upvote 0
Colytonwarrior

Colytonwarrior

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What console where you modding on?

It should only be done on a jailbroken fully spoofed and re bugged console, also using complimentary apps like pS ninja and psnpatch.
Sony + rockstar can detect when you have modified files running whilst online, unless of course you have a fully spoofed console I.d etc etc

Upvote 0
Colytonwarrior

Colytonwarrior

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
. If you were not cheating, you do not need to do anything further. If you know you have cheated, action will most likely follow.

Define 'cheating',
I'm assuming you mean 'modding'

What you have claimed would happen would depend on how he acessed gta v online whilst running modified files.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register