Desire

VIP
VIP
Retired
MotM Legendary Veteran End of the Year 2011
Reaction score
Sin$
versus_thumb.jpg
Can you hear that? Can you feel that? It’s coming. The two games that have had people talking and gamers’ sweating with anticipation for months are so freaking close that it’s permeating the air with this anticipatory smog that you can almost see. Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 are about to collide head on in a clash of video game titans that would make Zeus shudder and Poseidon retreat into the depths of the ocean.
These games are colossal and so highly anticipated that they are doing very interesting things to the video game industry as a whole. Let’s take a look at what some analysts are saying about their impact.

Ted Pollak, a videogame analyst at Jon Peddie Research, says that, “”Hardcore multiplayer PC gamers, who are actually a growing market, are very bullish on Battlefield 3 and are becoming disenchanted with the Call of Duty franchise as it seems to cater more to the console crowd. However, the Call of Duty franchise has always had excellent single player content, which will give it an edge.”

On the numbers of just raw game sales, analyst Michael Pachter is estimating that BF3 and MW3 will combine for 24 million units sold this year, which should generate over $1.4 billion in sales: blockbuster type numbers.

One interesting fact about Battlefield 3 is that the PC version is unbelievably cutting edge in terms of physics, graphics, and scale. While this is no secret, what has spawned due to this is an influx of eager PC gamers upgrading their systems or buying new ones in order to play this game. Battlefield 3 has influenced a billion dollars in PC builds and upgrades this year alone. This game alone is proving that the industry of PC gaming has been revitalized and is very much alive.

On the console side, analysts predict that the release of these behemoths will help sell consoles at a consistent rate all throughout the holiday season and beyond; once again proving the longevity of the current platforms, a fact that pleases some and displeases others.
These numbers are somewhat staggering, and while they are just predictions, we are now only a few short days away from knowing the facts. The only thing we can be certain about it the fact that EA and Activision are currently neck and neck in this battle, and the true winners here will probably be the gamers who get not one, but two deeply engrossing titles to keep them occupied for a long time
yes
So, what are you anticipating more? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3? Or Battlefield 3? Personally, I am leaning towards the Battlefield side. Reason is simple. I have owned every single Call of Duty game known to man, except the third one. And, as you may know, it gets very boring after awhile. On the other hand, I have never owned any type of Battlefield disc. About 2 weeks ago (right when Battlefield 3 Beta came out) I downloaded the Beta, and couldn't stop playing. It was a great stepping stone from the CoD series. I played that for about two weeks, then went back to Black Ops. Although I did already pre-order MW3 (before I knew anything about BF3), I am most definitely going to wind up receiving Battlefield 3. Just so when I get bored of one game, I can just easily go to the other. Please discuss all your thoughts on this, in a respectful fashion. Thank you.​

Desire

Desire

VIP
VIP
Retired
MotM Legendary Veteran End of the Year 2011
Reaction score
Sin$
Do I smell homepage or is it just me?
I posted this in the Battlefield 3 section. But, it's not that I wouldn't want it to get to the Homepage, doesn't really matter to me. Just whatever makes the site look appeasing and more entertaining.

Journey

Journey

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I posted this in the Battlefield 3 section. But, it's not that I wouldn't want it to get to the Homepage, doesn't really matter to me. Just whatever makes the site look appeasing and more entertaining.

It smells like homepage to me.

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
If my PC could handle BF3 on ultra I'd consider getting it for Pc but since it cannot I'm going to play it on console

I might rent MW3 and try out some of the new game types but I'm pretty sick of CoD right now so I think I'll stick to BF

TOXiiC x PLAGUE

TOXiiC x PLAGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i hateddddd the BF series and was stricly CoD, but now that i have played the BF3 beta, I definatly like what they have done, although im still gona stay true to CoD and get a copy of MW3, im definatly getting BF3 too :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register