What's new

Discussion Modern Warfare 2 Is Officially An 18 in the UK

Noupoi

Noupoi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bbfc-whacks-18-rating-on-mw2 said:
The British Board of Film Classification has stamped Modern Warfare 2 with an 18 rating in the UK.
Infinity Ward's sequel passed without any cuts, and will be the first of the Call of Duty series to carry an 18 certificate.
Interestingly, the BBFC listing makes no mention of Call of Duty, which means Modern Warfare 2 will be the title. Finally.
Will an 18 rating impact the potentially record breaking sales potential? It didn't slow current launch day/week record holder Grand Theft Auto IV.
Incidentally, the BBFC still has UK power until PEGI is declared the UK standard by law. That will likely not be this year.

Comments?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats how the game should be rated anyway. Not a big surprise.

X

xHaCkeRzx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just reduces the annoying little n00bs with mics and scream.

M

MoRa

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not like it matters.

The parents are still going to be buying the game for the kids so they can get them off their backs. Even if it goes to 21+ parents will still buy it for them.

Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I bet as soon as I start playing the game, I'll get a message from a squeaky little 10 year old asking to play Mike Myers. They should put a law on these ratings, anyone under the age of 14/15 isn't aloud to play a 18 rated game, if they get caught playing it, there parents gets a fine of 200 =]

P

pimpfuu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
everyone knew that it was gonna be and 18 game in uk, why is it that people post these threads, they posted the same thing about l4d and other graphic games. its not that big of a deal. get your friend to buy it if your not 18

187Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
MoRa said:
It's not like it matters.

The parents are still going to be buying the game for the kids so they can get them off their backs. Even if it goes to 21+ parents will still buy it for them.

not mine, im only allowed 15's

S

Saammmmm

Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with Random :thumbup: Little kids sending me Mike Myers messages Get a little annoying. But i think him getting all the friend request messages annoys him more :rolleyes: Mwahahaha! :tongue: But Some dumb kids make their account and put their real age on so this should make it so you have a parental lock or something.

187Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
pimpfuu said:
everyone knew that it was gonna be and 18 game in uk, why is it that people post these threads, they posted the same thing about l4d and other graphic games. its not that big of a deal. get your friend to buy it if your not 18

you want to buy it for me, lol joke :mellow:

samhealey said:
I agree with Random :thumbup: Little kids sending me Mike Myers messages Get a little annoying. But i think him getting all the friend request messages annoys him more :rolleyes: Mwahahaha! :tongue: But Some dumb kids make their account and put their real age on so this should make it so you have a parental lock or something.

i put my age to 26 without my parents noticing, and by the way guys im not an annoying high-pitched little peice of S***, if thats what you think :S

S

Saammmmm

Reaction score
Sin$
187 your 13 tho we are talking about the F****** annoying little kids who are like 10. One of the reasons i stopped playing halo 2 online with a mic plugged in haha. I did the same, i just used my dads age so apparently im around 43 :thumbup:

Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
samhealey said:
How do you know I get loads of Friend Requests? <_< I get like 30 a day, then about 3 voice messages from each person saying "WOW HOW DID YOU DO THAT TO YOUR GAMERTAG? DID YOU HACK THE SYSTEM" It's like, go home kid. Anoying kids huh? :frown:

S

Saammmmm

Reaction score
Sin$
RaNDoM v1 said:
How do you know I get loads of Friend Requests? <_< I get like 30 a day, then about 3 voice messages from each person saying "WOW HOW DID YOU DO THAT TO YOUR GAMERTAG? DID YOU HACK THE SYSTEM" It's like, go home kid. Anoying kids huh? :frown:

Noo i meant the little kids that keep asking me to play mike myers i friend request spam them. I wasnt talking about you getting loads haha. They all get so excited when they see something modded <_< Like this kid sent me about 100000000000000000004 messages because he joined my game and i was playing Modded CoD 5 zombies a while ago.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
samhealey said:
187 your 13 tho we are talking about the F****** annoying little kids who are like 10. One of the reasons i stopped playing halo 2 online with a mic plugged in haha. I did the same, i just used my dads age so apparently im around 43 :thumbup:

Sorry dude, but 13 is still young and shouldn't be allowed on games like this, especially since most 13 YO's have squeaky voices still.

And like someone else said, there should be a law for this stuff...or at least make it so the kids can't use mics and can't see blood/gore...and maybe see tellitubbies (sp? I'm sure a 13 YO can correct me lol) shooting from the guns or something instead of bullets lmao

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Azzid you need to see a therapist. You have some serious issues up there. Haha.

187Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
AzzidReign said:
Sorry dude, but 13 is still young and shouldn't be allowed on games like this, especially since most 13 YO's have squeaky voices still.

And like someone else said, there should be a law for this stuff...or at least make it so the kids can't use mics and can't see blood/gore...and maybe see tellitubbies (sp? I'm sure a 13 YO can correct me lol) shooting from the guns or something instead of bullets lmao

i dont have squeaky voice!!!!!
send me a message on xbox live to Commander187 and ill prove it!
i havnt had squeaky since last year! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

xPONDERx said:
The game should have a PHR rating... (Pubic Hair Required):thumbup:

lol

Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
AzzidReign said:

Agreed. It's not just about their squeaky voices, they say the dumbest things too, like the other day, this little kid was annoying me, so I said come back when your balls drop, and he turned around and said "Hey, STFU, everyone who is a boy, their balls drop when they are a baby"
I'm then proper LOL'ing at him.
But seriously, WTF has his mother been telling him? But now, anyone who is squeaky just gets muted straight off, I like it when I go into a lobby and loads of people already have a fat X on their Gamertag xD

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, not to mention the squeaky :cursing: (<--cursing for those that are slow). It annoys the living sh*t out of me to hear these little kids cussing up a storm. Do they think they sound cool? There should be a feature on XBL that will let you set it up so that if someone gets x amount of feedback for cursing, your account automatically mutes them when they are in the lobby. That way all these lil kids can get "foul language" feedback and all be muted by majority of us who would rather not hear that crud.

Top Bottom
Login
Register