Votes: 24 100.0%
  • No. (Post why below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IMonarchy

IMonarchy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe it's possible in Call of duties. I would like for this to happen, but hear me out.

If you look at Halo 3, you see forge, and this is what you want to be able to do, but then look at the different items in the 2 games, they are totally different and Call of duty is a lot more complex. Halo 3 has such a small database of items. think about it, theres maybe 150 items in the game. Now look at Call of duty, you don't see the same item, and there isn't enough items in the first place. Halo 3 most of the things on forge are moveable, i mean the walls if you stand them there, you can run them over with a Warthog, in MW2 bricks laying on the ground can't be moved by a AC130 shooting down on it. Back to the items, theres maybe 5 of the same thing on every map on MW2, by this i mean things that you actually could place down. Theres the cars/trucks, red thanks and the long skinny tanks.

So i'll simply say this. Halo maps are made you could say "n***d" then they put "items" on it. Call of duty maps are made forming everything onto it, like giant caves on afghan or massive houses on estate. If COD make n***d maps and put items on it, they would be extremely boring maps will only flat different angled terrain with a few box houses on it.

This isn't a persuasive essay, I just got the drift you were trying to persuade us it's not possible. Not that I agree or disagree.

ANYWAY.

Making the program would be difficult enough to begin with. Especially if you are talking about a 3D editor. And caboose, when they said they would need a devkit, they where talking about real-time editing.

C

CBlock81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well first I'd like to start off with good luck. But I guess if you want to spend the next couple months or so trying to do this, I'm going to take it you need somewhere to start, correct?

Well I suggest taking a look at the COD4 pack that infinity ward released for the COD4 DLC competition(I believe the winner was Chinatown). I'm suprised nobody has brought this up yet. Anyways, IW released a pack including a bunch of S*** to make a nice little map. I believe somebody brought up something about the Halo 3 forge? Well this is your place to start, you get a bunch of little items including cars, tables, chairs, plates, pots, forks..etc just like Halo3 forge.

I develop a lot of things, maps, weapons etc..Not for MW2 obviously but for friends and MMO's (no not WOW)

But I'd get searching :biggrin:

A

A God

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an idea: the new map pack* must put new maps onto the game, would it be possible to edit a custom map into the dlc files?
No. DLC is signed coding if we could do that then we could have free DLC. Just looking at this thread shows how smart are community is.

xc1234

xc1234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. DLC is signed coding if we could do that then we could have free DLC. Just looking at this thread shows how smart OUR community is.
as does your grammar / choice of wording. back on topic, this would be ridiculously hard and is probably a wet dream of someone who has probably not written a single line of code in his life.

G

Ghost Sarge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now this objective of a 'forge' like system is a little obscure.
If Infinity Ward goes with there plans to release PC MW2 mod tools then you may have a chance.

ShadowzKing5

ShadowzKing5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wish i knew what the hell anyone was talking about....dev kits and what not....but still none-the-less....awesome idea.

A

AndiBoii x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever cared to think about if there are any "objects" on the map? It seems to me like there would be nothing to forge.

A

A God

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't Halo and RTE wouldn't be required. I thought we were trying to do this in-game, RTE would help for bug fixing, but it's not required.

Lost4468

Lost4468

Contributor
Reaction score
No. DLC is signed coding if we could do that then we could have free DLC. Just looking at this thread shows how smart are community is.

He is on about a jtag, and on a jtag you can have free dlc, as it does not have to be signed.

P

PuRE iNSaNItY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off i cant say the idea of this would be pretty SICK!!!

but,

it would take a team of people to do this and probably a couple months of testing, as said earlier. When you find a group of people willing to do this and most likely not be paid for it unless they sell the program out and not give it out. Than this might be possible.

S

Simply XP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woke up this morning with nothing to do.

Loaded the Whitehouse map from campaign into a beta program i have, and it allowed me to edit it.

Program crashed three times in a matter of 15 minutes (Not all models/Codes were supported, so yah)

when i put on my HDD and loaded it, it worked, but no models were interactive (Plants didn't explode, bullets didn't make holes in wall, etc) BUT i was able to lay down a tactical insertion. and it sayed on the floor.

Shortly after spawning and moving i fell through the map.

Gonna work on this some more.

D

danny616

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It IS possible.

I know it is.

I have a DEV Kit, i'm just learning to use it.

My point is WE, 7S, could create a program similar to the Halo 3 "FORGE" option on the xbox360.

It would be JUST like it, and it could be a .exe file all of us could download and use with a user friendly UI.

I just need support, help, and ideas to get started.
Keep sending feedbak!
proof of dev kit?

SotG Caboose

SotG Caboose

Getting There
Reaction score
Woke up this morning with nothing to do.

Loaded the Whitehouse map from campaign into a beta program i have, and it allowed me to edit it.

Program crashed three times in a matter of 15 minutes (Not all models/Codes were supported, so yah)

when i put on my HDD and loaded it, it worked, but no models were interactive (Plants didn't explode, bullets didn't make holes in wall, etc) BUT i was able to lay down a tactical insertion. and it sayed on the floor.

Shortly after spawning and moving i fell through the map.

Gonna work on this some more.

You don't have to lie.

fightinillini94

fightinillini94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would it be possible to open the mw2 .ff files in the cod4 map editor. i think its called horizon?

SotG Caboose

SotG Caboose

Getting There
Reaction score
would it be possible to open the mw2 .ff files in the cod4 map editor. i think its called horizon?
Horizon doesn't edit fast files. And if you're referring to the IW mod tools, no. The CoD4 PC mod tools don't edit fast files.

R

Rob

Contributor
Reaction score
i know it is off topic but if you can do .maps for h3 on a jtag wouldn't that have the same principle for mw2's map. i know they have entire different systems and modding them have 0 familiarity's but maybe they way the same principles.

J

Chuiby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some idea...

1.Listing models in the actual map like the in-game from K Brizzle.
2.Write models type & location of models in a file (I mean non-Xbox-Package = not PIRS,CON,LIVE simply a text file) ... (Ive seen a function to write into a file in a COD4 coding documentation)
3.Loading models & location from a file.
4.Hem forge (...Done?)

If its not impossible its really hard