What's new

Tutorial Model Resizing: The Correct Way

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
.::How to Resize models the correct way in Halo 3/ODST::.
By Call Me Alexx

Applications:
Alteration
My latest plugin revision for Bloc and Phmo plugins

Thanks To:
DarkShallFall - Showed me the original method and mapped out the plugins. :wink:

Stage 1: (The Optional Stage)
Go to phmo and select the object you want. Then in the enum16, select "No object collision, Floats".
89621951.png

Now click Poke and Save or Save.

Stage 2:
Goto mode and select the same object. Not scroll down to the bottom (Bounding Box), and it will have X (min), X (max), Y (min), Y (max), Z (min), Z (max). the (min) one will have a negative number and the (max) one will have a positive number.

Now i want to increase my model by a custom amount, but you should start out with a simple multiplication (in the min, never remove the negative, so just have the (max) number with a "-" infront of it.
29434634.png

Now press Poke and Save or just Save.

Before:
61512722.jpg

After:
50108762.jpg

Stage 3:
Now, go to the coll tag (Model Collision Geometry :smile:) and open your object. Scroll down to "Vertices" and change the X, Y and Z values to the (max) X, Y, Z numbers from mode. for each Verticies chunk. Remember to click save each time, just before you select the new chunk!
62244636.png

Note-: There will be no visual change atm, and your object will still have no collision apart from the original size.

Stage 4:
Now to give it real collision :smile:. Go to the phmo tag, and select your object, look in the chunk "Parallelepipedal Physic" (yeah I know). It will have X Size, Y Size, Z Size, Z Size 2.
Change the;
X Size: the X (max) from mode.
Y Size: the Y (max) from mode.
Z Size: the Z (max) from mode.
Z Size 2: the Z (max) from mode.
Now press Save and Poke or Just Save.
17091756.png

After (i can now put a banshee on it):
89759146.jpg

Stage 5:
Now, we are done resizing the model. But you may notice that if you take your camera off the original size of the object, the whole thing will disappear. So go to the bloc tag and select your object. In the Bounding box float at the top, times the number by the number of time you times the numbers in the X, Y and Z values in mode, coll and pmmo. I did it custom so i shall change it to 25. (Note: If it starts to disappear when you place it, make the bounding box smaller).
38156131.png

Final:
84073810.jpg

Done
You are now done :smile:. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and found it helpful. (Don't judge by post count :wink:).

Please don't rip or repost this tutorial without my consent.

Thanks,
Alexx

R

Renegade X25

Permabanned
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice tutorial babez, already knew how but damn nicely written, and i will use this to the max if i forget :biggrin:

W

worf65

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a way to do this properly on vehicles the "Parallelepipedal Physic" section is grayed out, this is what happened when I did it to the banshee:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mus5L5pk0D0"]YouTube - Halo 3 .map mods: Valhalla[/ame]

W

worf65

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
scopen4 said:
Wat did you edit to make the water color and the waves that bounce, if you dont mind me asking?

The flash drive I was using to play that map on my JTAG stopped working right after I captured that video so I don't have the values anymore but I got the information needed to do it here: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/halo-3-modding-tutorials/208532-modding-water-halo-3-jtag-dev-required.html

Ones I remember changing:
RGB values (color)
roughness
smoothness
anything with wave height
swell
length of waves

I think that the different numbers (ex. height of waves #1) are different areas.

Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats my tut wow, i guess i really havent played around with the values too much to get that effect I know i tryed editing the water color but for some reason it didnt work, thats an epic fail on my part.

R

Renegade X25

Permabanned
Reaction score
Sin$
scopen4 said:
Thats my tut wow, i guess i really havent played around with the values too much to get that effect I know i tryed editing the water color but for some reason it didnt work, thats an epic fail on my part.
Yeah lol, i was going to point that out, that he learned from your own tutorial, yet you didn't know how XD, but anyway...i'm going to go sleepy now XD

Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried for like 1 and a half hours trying to change the water color and I couldnt get it it was really making me mad!!:cursing:

W

worf65

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
scopen4 said:
I tried for like 1 and a half hours trying to change the water color and I couldnt get it it was really making me mad!!:cursing:

I didn't even realize it was you tut, I get asked how to to so many things by people that don't have any idea, some don't even know that you can't do it on a normal xbox. I just send them to where I learned how if they sound like they know what they are talking about.

Are you using valhalla or a different map. I don't remember for sure but I think I just changed the RGB values to make the water red. I don't know the exact values I used but I think that I set red to either 1 or 0.999 and green and blue to either 0 or 0.001. I think that I left alpha alone.

Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont remember I think it was havent really touched it since a couple weeks ago too busy with all this medical crap that I have! Ughhhh:thumbdown:

P

pandaninja39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im sorry for such a nood question but can u poke with a jtag and if so how and what exactly does poking do

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
im sorry for such a nood question but can u poke with a jtag and if so how and what exactly does poking do
You can't poke on a JTAG (yet..).

Poking is editing tags and vlaues that are stored in memory (so when the map loads it loads tags into memory to save time loading them) So we can edit them directly and not need to upload a new map each time we do 1 change.

S

SecToR .7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can't poke on a JTAG (yet..).

Poking is editing tags and vlaues that are stored in memory (so when the map loads it loads tags into memory to save time loading them) So we can edit them directly and not need to upload a new map each time we do 1 change.
Real time editing, I wants it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register