Modding

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by negro damas, Nov 8, 2008 with 7 replies and 702 views.

1. negro damas

negro damas Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello I'm new and have never modded anything. Ive started understading some things like Xplorer and Xsata and other things like that. But I still don't understand one thing. Can you use modding online? Like i see all these map mods and i ask myself whats the point of them if you cant use them online? Or can you and im wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  2. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    You can play usermaps and gametypes online because they are considered "normal" Halo 3 content.

3. OP
    negro damas

negro damas Newbie

Ratings:
    oh, so if you mod a map, you can play it on matchmaking? Also can you mod halo 3 to make it so you start with a sniper every time. regardless of the mode?

4. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    No, because the only maps you can mod are usermaps (Forge-created maps).

I'm pretty sure you can just change the gametype to Sniper Rifle start inside Halo 3, no need to mod it.

5. loph12

loph12 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think negro damas thinks that if you modding is a way of cheating in matchmaking. To clarify, modding is changing maps or gametypes to play in custom games. If you mod you can put different things in, other than the things in forge. For example, active equiptment like trip mines or power drains. You can also put in special things that are on the map, like in Last Resort you can put the big wheel, trees, and bushes. Game type modding is used to make you start with weapons that are not available in the game and also changing the respawn time to instant or something different than what is availible in game. There is also film modding which is used to change armor, gamer tag, service tag, colour, and emblem. There is no real 'Halo 3 modding' you don't mod the game itself, you mod usermaps, user gametypes, and user films.

Hope that clears thing up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mxrider

mxrider Getting There

Ratings:
    Well said. :wink:

7. 187Modz

187Modz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    their are limits on what you can do though, you cant mod vehicles or put projectiles or anything like that, ESPECIALY online, without development kit (1000, $1200)

no, VERY WELL SAID, mxrider.

8. gurvirj95

gurvirj95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You can't play modded maps in match making but you can in custom games and forge with your friends, online.