Modding Troubles

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: WaW Modding' started by Bryan Got Swag, Jul 11, 2009 with 3 replies and 556 views.

1. Bryan Got Swag

Bryan Got Swag Banned

Ratings:
    Ok where to begin. First off my WaW disc has a crack in the center and it's at the point I can't play new solo mission or multiplayer but Co-Op works. I already called Activison and they said $20 for replacement disc which is cool. If you're wondering why I don't have it installed to harddrive is because for some strange reason I deleted it from harddrive some odd months back so if I knew my disc was gonna end up being cracked then I would've kept it installed. So with that said I'm also left with the option of renting and installing to harddrive since my cracked disc would still register as the game disc so I can run from harddrive. In case you're wondering why I brought this up is I'm using CoD Tool 1.5 to change my clan tag and it's not working. Yes I did resume(oddly I can resume but not start a new mission as it says disc is unreadable) and then Save and Exit. All the other mods show up but not the clantag and this is my only way of changing the clantag since I can't go into multiplayer menu as that too says disc is unreadable. Earlier I got it once to change, I put RAIN but what showed up was " RAI" yes that's a space prior to "R". So what can I do to get my clantag to be changed other than the obvious(disc replacement or rent disc and install to harddrive).

Thanks and appreciate any insight.

p.s. I know the clantag saving sometimes doesn't work but so far I'm like 1 out of 30+ tries so far and it's annoying. So maybe someone knows a foolproof way?

2. KN1GHTH4WK429

KN1GHTH4WK429 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    change it in multiplayer or hex your profile

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Bryan Got Swag

Bryan Got Swag Banned

Ratings:
    Thanks for the reply but I stated I can't go into multiplayer menu because of the crack that formed on the disc. As for hex editing, that's just a manual way of going about it, CoDTool does it automatically for you so that wouldn't be a working workaround.

4. OP
    Bryan Got Swag

Bryan Got Swag Banned

Ratings:
    Well vvSTRIDEvv suggested what you said. For some reason I misread your comment as "hex your gamesave" which I've been doing all along. Turns out I needed to hex my profile. Thanks for the right suggestion even though I didn't get it till vvSTRIDEvv mentioned it.:smile: