Solved [Modding] Questions

• Thread starter Xbox Freed
  • Start date
  • Views 260
Xbox Freed

Xbox Freed

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello forumers, if you read my post on "Introduce yourself" you would know that I want to become a developer/coder/modder. I have some questions about modding that may seem simple to you but it is new to me. Please answer as best as you can.

Q1: What is a "Recovery Tool"?

Q2: What is a "JTAG"?

Q3: What programs should I be using or what language should I be learning?

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello forumers, if you read my post on "Introduce yourself" you would know that I want to become a developer/coder/modder. I have some questions about modding that may seem simple to you but it is new to me. Please answer as best as you can.

Q1: What is a "Recovery Tool"?

Q2: What is a "JTAG"?

Q3: What programs should I be using or what language should I be learning?
Q1:
A recovery tool is basically a program that allows you to edit stats for the game that it's made for. If it was a GTA 5 recovery tool, it could edit money, levels, exp etc.

Q2: A jtag is basically an extra chip that is soldered onto the motherboard to allow it to skip checks allowing it to run unsigned code. This code could be something that gives you a free game, unlocks everything on a game, etc. It's basically endless.

Q3: I'm not exactly sure what the best language is.

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
3) Code that runs on Xbox 360 is compiled from C++ (i.e. Trainers, games, apps)
Code that runs on PC to have an effect om Xbox 360 is generally written in C# (i.e. Remote tools)

Top Bottom
Login
Register