Solved Modding particles

• Thread starter Krazy Pigeon
  • Start date
  • Views 357
Krazy Pigeon

Krazy Pigeon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anyway to mod anything to do with particles? I really want to start changing colours to add more effect to the weapons in my mod.
Any help would be appreciated.

-Krazy Pigeon

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
I took a peek after you mentioned it in the WIP thread but I didn't see any values that resembled colors from what I saw.

Krazy Pigeon

Krazy Pigeon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a peek after you mentioned it in the WIP thread but I didn't see any values that resembled colors from what I saw.

I've been looking through lots of different tags and havn't found any references to particles. In Halo 2 and 3 you can change everything in [effe] but that doesn't seem to have anything but particle physics, [pmov]. [pmov] doesn't even reference particles. Unless there's a new tag type for particles, I don't know...

Is there a way to see what's using the selected tag in the tag grid?

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
I've been looking through lots of different tags and havn't found any references to particles. In Halo 2 and 3 you can change everything in [effe] but that doesn't seem to have anything but particle physics, [pmov]. [pmov] doesn't even reference particles. Unless there's a new tag type for particles, I don't know...

Is there a way to see what's using the selected tag in the tag grid?
Make sure all your plugins were generated right, select tag grid, and scroll down the list for every single tag on the map. All I can think of, and sounds like a ton of fun...

Anyway, someone would need to make some kind of script to search through tag references, for it to be efficient. Maybe suggest it to deadcanadian (in the ascension sticky in Reach Modding) for a future ascension update, see what he thinks about feasibility.

Krazy Pigeon

Krazy Pigeon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure all your plugins were generated right, select tag grid, and scroll down the list for every single tag on the map. All I can think of, and sounds like a ton of fun...

Anyway, someone would need to make some kind of script to search through tag references, for it to be efficient. Maybe suggest it to deadcanadian (in the ascension sticky in Reach Modding) for a future ascension update, see what he thinks about feasibility.

I think I might PM him.
Anyway I scrolled through most of the tag types and found nothing. I scrolled through all the tag types that looked like they might be linked to particles and found nothing. I honestly don't know where to look anymore...
If someone better than me could find out any more info on particles I would be very happy.

Top Bottom