What's new

Solved Modding options for a Zypher board?

• Thread starter seen33
  • Start date
  • Views 504
S

seen33

Reaction score
Sin$
I have an old phat 360. Zypher board with a lite-on drive (It was a repaired console by MS). The dash is 17511

What are my options here? I heard RGH 1.2 wont work with this board properly. I heard R-Jtag is the best method, but you cant buy any kits/chips to do this anymore? What method should I use and what chip should I buy? Thanks

S

seen33

Reaction score
Sin$
This thread here should help

Fantastic guide, thank you. But it says I need to buy a "Tx r-jtag ultimate kit". The link provided is dead and googling around I cant seem to find this kit for sale as its older and nobody is selling it anymore. Where can I buy this?

Majorr

Majorr

✪ Certified Host ✪
Premium
Free Hoster Reporter Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Fantastic guide, thank you. But it says I need to buy a "Tx r-jtag ultimate kit". The link provided is dead and googling around I cant seem to find this kit for sale as its older and nobody is selling it anymore. Where can I buy this?
Your Best Bet Is SRGH With 15432 RGH2 Timing Files. Will Boot Instant - 30 Seconds Which Isn’t Bad For Zephyr. Just Have To Dig Around For Info / Timing Files.

S

seen33

Reaction score
Sin$
Look deeper. Here is another guide I found.

This guide appears to be written from the perspective of explaining how to install this chip after the user has already installed an older chip before. Its missing many steps and doesnt really explain things step by step. Furthermore it asks that you buy a "CR4 COMPLETE PHAT QSB KIT INCLUDING THE R-JTAG ALT QSB V2 INC AUD_CLAMP" which appears to be a discontinued item.

I further read here (assemblergames.com/threads/xbox-360-jasper-r-jtag-in-2016.64197) that the CR4s are vastly different and no longer work with Phats or can mess them up.

Your Best Bet Is SRGH With 15432 RGH2 Timing Files. Will Boot Instant - 30 Seconds Which Isn’t Bad For Zephyr. Just Have To Dig Around For Info / Timing Files.

The only guide I can find on this is the HackFAQ guide and its in russian (English version is dead link). Google translate does not provide a good enough instruction set for what I need to do for this as it appears to also be written for somebody who has also used different methods in the past.

I'm basically looking to find a nice step-by step guide (Like the very first one linked) which will allow me to mod my zypher 360, with parts I can actually purchase today. Most of the guides written around the net are really old and reference parts that are out-dated and no longer for sale, or parts and methods meant for the slim models, (Or at least newer jasper phats).

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This guide appears to be written from the perspective of explaining how to install this chip after the user has already installed an older chip before. Its missing many steps and doesnt really explain things step by step. Furthermore it asks that you buy a "CR4 COMPLETE PHAT QSB KIT INCLUDING THE R-JTAG ALT QSB V2 INC AUD_CLAMP" which appears to be a discontinued item.

I further read here (assemblergames.com/threads/xbox-360-jasper-r-jtag-in-2016.64197) that the CR4s are vastly different and no longer work with Phats or can mess them up.

The only guide I can find on this is the HackFAQ guide and its in russian (English version is dead link). Google translate does not provide a good enough instruction set for what I need to do for this as it appears to also be written for somebody who has also used different methods in the past.

I'm basically looking to find a nice step-by step guide (Like the very first one linked) which will allow me to mod my zypher 360, with parts I can actually purchase today. Most of the guides written around the net are really old and reference parts that are out-dated and no longer for sale, or parts and methods meant for the slim models, (Or at least newer jasper phats).
Well Your Gonna Need J-R Programmer Or Nand-X, Also Will Need A X360ace v3.

S

seen33

Reaction score
Sin$
Well Your Gonna Need J-R Programmer Or Nand-X, Also Will Need A X360ace v3.

Yeah I did tons of research and came to the conclusion that what I need today is an 360ACE v3 and J-R Programmer. Bought both off amazon. Has to come from China so it will probably take a month to get here. Hopefully that should be enough to do a RGH 2.0 hack (or S-RGH, which is a modified RGH 2.0 for a faster boot from what I understand)

All the guides for this method seem spread out or non specific to the zypher. Ill probably end up making a few posts asking for help once I get started but Ill try to make a guide as well if I succeed. Also I will update this thread with that info. Cheers!

Top Bottom
Login
Register