What's new

Modding on ps4 using DevKit

kiansprin99

kiansprin99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello fellow Se7ensiners today I have something interesting it seems that some one by the name of Im HaxoTv Has found a way to mod online with a DevKit on ps4 watch the video
Now I bet your saying wow you twit he's obviously on PC but the players in his lobby are all found in the PlayStation network when you search for players Here:

Please rest your thoughts down below and if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry

TDBOfficial

TDBOfficial

▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmmm... There isn't really any valid proof here he's on PS4! All he had to do mid game was show the home screen or something to add a little extra proof. But he just play's and shows the menu.

kiansprin99

kiansprin99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There's no PC settings when he is in the pause menu and also there are ps4 controller settings, plus what about the people from the lobby I found ?

G

GTA_Imperium

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
It's fake.
You can see it as example 2:20
A friend of him exploded to late the sticky bomb.
I's sure he cutted and pasted the menu into it.

bak0n

bak0n

I'm dead inside
Reaction score
Sin$
do you really think sony would be that stupid to give some random a devkit. also he would have to be a developer at a company to get a devkit (as shown on their website)
NzN7l2c.jpg

kiansprin99

kiansprin99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
do you really think sony would be that stupid to give some random a devkit. also he would have to be a developer at a company to get a devkit (as shown on their website)
NzN7l2c.jpg
I know it's a long shot but all of this is still possible

bak0n

bak0n

I'm dead inside
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes because this would be a huge step for the modding community.
This is not a huge step for the modding community and if the ps4 devkits are going to be like ps3 and 360, they would only be allowed to connect to a "developers PSN". (like PartnerNet)
I think it's pretty obvious that this footage is fake. if you download the "rar" (its a txt file) it says
"You need to contact sony for the developer playstation SDK and patch, to edit files from the ps4 with visual studio or with fileziller."
This means that you would contact sony for the menu, do you really think sony would make a mod menu for a game...

Dynamiteelf

Dynamiteelf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is not a huge step for the modding community and if the ps4 devkits are going to be like ps3 and 360, they would only be allowed to connect to a "developers PSN". (like PartnerNet)
I think it's pretty obvious that this footage is fake. if you download the "rar" (its a txt file) it says
"You need to contact sony for the developer playstation SDK and patch, to edit files from the ps4 with visual studio or with fileziller."
This means that you would contact sony for the menu, do you really think sony would make a mod menu for a game...
Maybe it was some random developer who wanted to mod on GTA

Edit: More likely someone who actually successfully modified their eboot.bin file and restored their system from a jailbroken PS4 to a non-jailbroken PS4 and launched the "modified" updated GTA . Probably a custom menu and very basic wont have a lot of options. Clearly doesnt have that good of a UI looks very basic which is what i imagine most eboot.bin menus are going to be like since it will be custom made by that user since there isnt a lot of people developing menus or modding eboot.bin files for GTA 5.

Last edited:
Dynamiteelf

Dynamiteelf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There's no PC settings when he is in the pause menu and also there are ps4 controller settings, plus what about the people from the lobby I found ?
Read above reply and the actual thread here in the modding section.

kiansprin99

kiansprin99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Read above reply and the actual thread here in the modding section.
Shiii i forgot all about 7sins, I thought about modding eboots and restoring them to an ofw console but I was told a long time ago it wasn't viable on PS4. I remember making backups on my cfw PS3 and then restoring them on friends consoles so we could all have menus ahhhh the good ol days

Amphium

Amphium

Insert Custom Title Here
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe it was some random developer who wanted to mod on GTA

Edit: More likely someone who actually successfully modified their eboot.bin file and restored their system from a jailbroken PS4 to a non-jailbroken PS4 and launched the "modified" updated GTA . Probably a custom menu and very basic wont have a lot of options. Clearly doesnt have that good of a UI looks very basic which is what i imagine most eboot.bin menus are going to be like since it will be custom made by that user since there isnt a lot of people developing menus or modding eboot.bin files for GTA 5.
Modifying an eboot or pkg at all will make it not work on a retail ps4 lol. its a clear fake, especially considering this was from 2016 before any real knowledge was released on PS4 stuff.

Top Bottom
Login
Register