Tutorial Modding old maps on XBL

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Modding Tutorials' started by PistawL, Jun 8, 2006 with 33 replies and 4,293 views.

1. PistawL

PistawL Enthusiast

Ratings:
    here are all the files u need:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/20960817/Mod_Old_Maps.rar.html
    1.Intro
    2. Iso making
    A. Making a perfect working .Iso to be burnt on a DVD+R (RW)
    -For Samsungs drives
    B. Making a perfect working .ccd image to burn to a CDR (RW)
    -For Phillips drives
    Note-if you have a Thompson drive your in a bad situation. Still if ya got a Thompson your best bet is to burn an .Iso on a DVD+R (RW) or buy a Phillips or Samsung. Thompson drives just straight up suck, they dont read ANY CDR (RW) and some only read xbox retail games. These only came in older xboxes and if you got a newer one, you dont have a Thompson.
    http://www.freewebs.com/xboxdrives/
    3. Burning your newly created .Iso image or .ccd image to a DVD+R (RW) or a CDR (RW)
    4.Opening that xbox and getting disks on live (HARD PART)
    Thomson DVD DRIVE-worst (reads retail xbox games and some burnt dvd+r (rw))
    Phillips DVD DRIVE-ok (reads cdr (rw)(with special method) and dvd+r (rw) along with retail games)
    Samsung DVD DRIVE-best (reads cdr (rw) and dvd+r (rw) also retail games)
    I suggest if you have a Thompson you should upgrade or buy a new xbox because they have Samsungs installed.
    There is way to get ALL Phillips to read a cdr, which I will be explaining at a later time. So if you have this your in good shape.
    If you have a Samsung your in even better shape. You just make an Iso and burn it to a disk. Easy like that.
    Threes three ways you can get on xbox live with these disks. Unfortunately all need your xbox to be open which voids the warranty. So if you are not willing to do this, stop right now. There is NO other way to mod old maps on live. So if some retard says you dont need to open it, has dead wrong and all that he doing is giving you a straight ticket to an EPROM bann-frann-dizzle.
    2. Iso Making
    Part A
    Making a perfect working .Iso to be burnt on a DVD+R (RW)
    FOR SAMSUNG AND THOMPSON DRIVE OWNERS
    First, youre going to have to get a few programs.
    Ftp program
    ISOMAKER 2.0
    Copyhaunters-XBE-ISO-patcher-v2
    NOTE- you need to download ISOMAKER 2.0 and Copyhaunters-XBE-ISO-patcher-v2 off of xbins. But since i'm nice I will send anyone who asks for the programs. Or you can help this white boy out and get it off xbins. But hell I don't really care to send you guys them.
    Assuming you have acquired all of the tools necessary, where ready. FTP to your xbox and extract halo 2 off your hard drive. That is if you have it, if you don't find out how to get it or just download one of the .Iso that I will be posting.
    After you get halo 2 on your computer your going make a folder called "xboxgame".
    It should look like this:
    http://www.imageuploader.org/uploads/15aa6239ea.jpg
    Now, youre going to open ISOMAKER.EXE and choose "xboxgame" folder.
    Then your going to name the ISO "GDFIMAGE.ISO" without the quotes.
    It should look like this:
    http://www.imageuploader.org/uploads/cc76349dd2.jpg
    This will produce a file, called XBOXGDF.ISO, in the place where you assigned it to go. This will take from 2-10 minutes. When finished, you will now be the Proud Owner of a perfect working GDFed ISO for Burning to DVD+R (RW)
    Burning will be covered later.

2. ISO MAKING
    Part B
    Making a perfect working .ccd image to burn to a CDR (RW)
    FOR PHILLIPS DRIVE OWNERS
    Ok, first youre going to do the exact same thing as in PART A (PRODUCE A PERFECT WORKING .ISO IMAGE).
    When you do that your going to have to download a few programs:
    Daemon Tools-
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...Download&id=81
    CLONE CD-
    http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneCD.exe
    First open daemon tools. On your right tool bar it should show its icon. Right click on it and hit "virtual cd/dvd-rom" then choose a virtual drive you want to mount it to (doesnt matter just remember which on it was). Choose the drive then hit "mount image" and choose the .Iso you made earlier.

Once it is mounted with Daemon open up Clone Cd. Choose Read to image file" and choose the drive that you mounted the .Iso file to. Click it then hit next. Then click data cd. Then make sure you have Create CUE-SHEET checked and hit browse and choose where you want the new files to be sent to. Click OK or Next. Now sit and wait When complete, you will have 4 new files, XBOXGDF.CCD, XBOXGDF.SUB, XBOXGDF.IMG, and XBOXGDF.CUE.
    Now you have these for files. Go to the burning your newly created .Iso image or .ccd image to a DVD+R (RW) or a CDR (RW) section. In this case its the CDR (RW) part.

3. Burning your newly created .Iso image or .ccd image to a DVD+R (RW) or a CDR (RW)
    Burning the .Iso on DVD+R (RW)
    Pretty simple. Just select your favorite dvd burner and make sure you choose "make data dvd" and then just select your dvd burner and put in a dvd and burn the .Iso that you made earlier and sit back and watch as it burns. When done you are the proud owner of a halo 2 modded disk. Now go to the "how to open your xbox section" and then you can get these disks on live and have the time of your life.

Burning the .ccd image to a CDR (RW)
    Download this and ask me for serial number (needs it to burn image)
    FIREBURNER 2.2.1 (requires full version-ask for serial number in pm)-
    http://www.igdsoftware.com/fb221we.exe
    Open up fire burner 2.2.1 and hit file open and select XBOXGDF.CCD that is one of the four files made earlier.
    Go to options, configuration... Select your Burning Device...
    ...(DVD+R (RW) WRITER) DUH!
    Then select the Recording Options TAB. Under Recording Method, only have DISK-AT-ONCE 96 checked. (Disk-At-Once 16 untested for this purpose) Under Mutely-session, only have CLOSE CD checked. Under OTHER make sure AUTOCORRECT SUB-CHANNEL and AUTOCORRECT EDC/ECC is checked. I recommend that you enable Burn Proof if you have it! Click OK, and return to the main Fire burner Window.
    Like so...
    http://www.imageuploader.org/uploads/37ed07852b.jpg
    Place a BLANK CDR in the Burner wait for it to settle. Click the CREATE CD MENU, a confirmation box appear, click Yes. The Burn process has started. CDR burning will take from 3-45 minutes for a full CDR, depending on the Burner X rating. (On my Plextor 48x24x48xA a 700MB CDR take less than 3 minutes) When done, click OK, close FIREBURNER, and ENJOY your CDR BACKUP in your XBOX. Now go to "how to open your xbox section"
    Ok, like I said. Threes two ways we can do this.
    A- Swapping Drives While On Live
    B- Or opening disk drive while on live and switching disks
    Swapping disk drives
    First off this way requires two disk drives not like the other one, which uses one drives. In my own opinion this is the easiest but most expensive....
    First youre going to take out the DVD drive from you xbox. If you unscrewed the 3 screws holding it in it should just slip right out. Threes two wire the idea cable and the power cable. Hers what your gunner do. Your gunna boot up your xbox with the retail h2 disk. When you get to the screen where it says, "press start" and it plays that gay *** music your gunna get your second DVD drive, it should already have the modded disk in it and swap them. Or in nooby terms unplug the yellow cable from the one and plug it into the other and unplug the ide cable and plug it into the other one. Now wait 2 minutes or so until the drive reads the disk and ect. Now hit start sign in and you have a modded disk online. Get ready to get 200 friend requests and peoples dropped jaws.
    Opening disk drive while on live and switching disks
    OK this is the cheap way but tricky. Ok now unplug the 2 wires from the DVD drive. Pending on what type of DVD drive you have the screws vary in place. Samsungs are on the bottom and Philips are on the top and Im pretty sure Thompsons are at the top too. After unscrewing you should be able to take off the cover of your DVD drive. Look around notice where the cd/dvd lays. Ok now to get it on live. Start up the xbox with the retail h2 disk. When it gets to the "log in" menu and the corny music you lift the top off of the DVD drive. Take out the h2 disk and put in the modded and put the cover back on. Wait a minute or two for it to load and read and BANG your set. Sign in and mod the f*** out of people. Make them want to drop to their KNEES.
    YOURE DONE!
    Ok guys you did it. You can now mod old maps on live and whatever.

TuT by : Supersonic124

actually this was madse by IceWater101 i just found that out , the guy i got it from never gave credit to him

2. TCF Modulation

TCF Modulation Newbie

Ratings:
    ok i got it on my desctop the GDFIMAGE but it wont open when i click on it is that ok? but when i right click and go open with xISO it opens up and shows all of the folders. So did i do it all right? oh i am using a dvd disc btw. Will it play like a normal halo 2 disc when i put it in my xbox and it will load up like halo 2? or u have 2 do the swapping disc thing?

3. $ Unsuspended Warrior $

$ Unsuspended Warrior $ Newbie

Ratings:
    No You have to Disk swap it, your xbox wont be able to boot up the burnt disc.

4. Siege Soldier

Siege Soldier Enthusiast

Ratings:
    icewater didn't make it etheir by the way someone gave him that tutorial to try to make it work and he just added links. No one who i know isn't just lying to get people to pay for it has actually successfully used it

5. Axid Reflex

Axid Reflex Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How come you posted this twice?

6. GolfrGuy7

GolfrGuy7 Newbie

Ratings:
    OMG.. you this is the same old tut that DOESN'T work. You have to modify your firmware to mod the old maps. This way will never work.

7. Kontra

Kontra Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I must have said that 100x

8. CaptainSword

CaptainSword Newbie

Ratings:
    so ur saying opening the disk drive while on live and swapping the disks isnt a substitute for using firmware hacks? so u have to do both or what?

9. Siege Soldier

Siege Soldier Enthusiast

Ratings:
    this doesn't work at all, firmware hack does

10. Smigs

Smigs Banned

Ratings:
    Yep wan 5 released a tuturial on a site and it does work i asked him in the tuturial if any one would like it please pm me because the mods and admins will just remove it if i post it here.

11. CaptainSword

CaptainSword Newbie

Ratings:
    whats the big fus about FW hacks y dont u all just mod ur dashboard so it will read the burnt disk then go on live? ur gonna get banned from matchmaking anyway y not go on live wit ha modded dash? and also i was thinking of an easier way of giving mods to ppl so u dont have to spend 3 hours teaching them how to mod thier xbox over aim hahah just save the map packs on a memory card put it on ur pc mod them then put then back on ur memory card then g oto memory on ur dashboard and copy the map packs back on to ur harddrive that way? sounds like it would work to me...but my computer wont recognize my action replay memory card USB slot...anyone know y it also wont recognize my psp

12. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Newbie

Ratings:
  13. CaptainSword

CaptainSword Newbie

Ratings:
    i jsut tried it...the xbox doesnt give u an option to copy the map packs u have to ftp to ur xbox i guess...they dont want ppl redistributing the maps so they wont let u copy them to a memory card.
    when downloading the maps on the 360 can u save them to ur memory card or to ur harddrive cuz i have no harddrive

14. chrispizzitola

chrispizzitola Newbie

Ratings:
    unfortunelty this doesnt work as i tried it out and i get a failed to load map error when i switch my disk yet my disk works off line when i boot it from it

15. CaptainSword

CaptainSword Newbie

Ratings:
    what doesnt work b specific i dont think any one else knows what ur talking about iether

16. Grunt

Grunt VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Too bad, this dosn't say a word about firmware...

17. Kontra

Kontra Retired Retired

Ratings:
    i thought that was cleared up that it didnt work

18. chrispizzitola

chrispizzitola Newbie

Ratings:
    Okay so just to clear everything up i have tried this and everything i even got the gdfimage program to burn my copy wbut yet it still wont work the xbox will fail to load the map ill put my halo 2 original copy back in afterthat and it will load up fine im pretty sure that the only way to mod old maps on live would be to get hacked firmware for your disk drive (samsung, thompson, phillips, or what i have the hitachi-lg which is in the newer xbox's) this will allow your xbox to read burnt disk without having amodded dash . so unless you know anyone that this has actually got this way to work dont waste your time and if you do happen to get it to work then hit me up wit what im doin wrong so i know
    XBL Gt: g gadget
    Xbc: G_gadget

19. kagedmaniak

kagedmaniak Enthusiast

Ratings:
    uhh thats what ppl have been saying the whole time....

20. CaptainSword

CaptainSword Newbie

Ratings:
    whats ur problem? just mod ur dashboard who cares about firmware ur gonna get banned n e way