Modding old maps on a 360

Discussion in 'Halo 2' started by tuc9000, Feb 18, 2009 with 10 replies and 470 views.

1. tuc9000

tuc9000 Newbie

Ratings:
    I followed the tut, used map converter pro, then resigned it with halo 2 map resigner pro and put it back in the right folder, and when I trie to load it, it fails to load??

2. Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
  3. OP
    tuc9000

tuc9000 Newbie

Ratings:
    um, im not going to open my 360 elite to hotswap?, last time i did that, it had broke my xbox 1,

4. Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    The only way you can do anything mod old maps on a 360 is..Put the whole game and everything onto your HDD...Or Hot swap

5. helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    the map converter converts new maps in to old.... did u fix the encryption

6. OP
    tuc9000

tuc9000 Newbie

Ratings:
    im sorry but ur wrong, u cant put the game on your HDD and play it, ur thinking of a xbox 1 :wink: and it doesnt convert new maps to old, its the other way around, it converts old maps to new maps by changing the tags and making it into a DLC map, but for some reason, i patched ascension, ran map converter pro and changed the tags to warlock, resigned and fixed the encryption of the map, renamed it to warlock.map and put it back but fails to load??

7. Zieon Eslador

Zieon Eslador Getting There

Ratings:
    That resigner probably isn't up to date. The new maps' encryption signatures were changed a while back. Try a different resigner unless you have used that resigner before.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    tuc9000

tuc9000 Newbie

Ratings:
    it works with the new maps but not when i convert, the converter is probably old, thanks :thumbup:

9. doogyboogydo

doogyboogydo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i mod old maps on my 360... i converted headlong to warlock and resigned it with CMR1. if you get your other modder friend to put your map on you can have fun lol.
    I use the converter in UMP V.5

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    tuc9000

tuc9000 Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks man, ive been looking for a updated converter :thumbup:

11. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When you resign use the signature of the dlc map your replacing. That works for me.