Status
Not open for further replies.
Leering

Leering

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Bright Idea Fabled Veteran Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been wrist deep in hex and all i've done is changed the amount of days I played.
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to chnage you character lvl skills etc...?

I've been reading this:
Tes4Mod:Save File Format - UESPWiki

D

dschu012

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Read in all of the values as specified. Eventually you will get to the part where you can read in the "records" which one of them contains the character data according to that site. If you have any experience programming I started making a program to do this but gave up because lack of interest/start to get complicating.

Leering

Leering

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Bright Idea Fabled Veteran Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
dschu012 said:
Read in all of the values as specified. Eventually you will get to the part where you can read in the "records" which one of them contains the character data according to that site. If you have any experience programming I started making a program to do this but gave up because lack of interest/start to get complicating.
No sadley I don't have any...:thumbdown:
Can you explain what you just said
further i'm kinda new to reading hex...

D

dschu012

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I made a small program that may or maynot help you. This has so far only been tested on fairly early on saves (starting out chars). It will just search for the values in the CON file and report possible places that they may be. I am pretty sure it works good on skills (since there are so many skills) and decently on stats.

Link to prog: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Steps:
1. Open up program.
2. File > Open then select your CON file.
3. Enter in your characters base stats. What your stats are when wearing no items that add to your stats.
4. Click search. If it finds the offset it will report it to you. If it finds multiple offsets it mean you should backup your CON file and try each one seperately.
5. Once it has found the offset change the stats to any number between 0-255 and then click save.
6. Same steps for gold and skills.

K

Kamodo Joey

Reaction score
Sin$
hey leeringpaladin i saw your youtube vid, how did you get the mythic dawn armor from hex editing or with this software?

G

Genetic Paradox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it says choose offset. What do I do?:?

D

dschu012

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Found multiple offsets. I would use another save or backup the save and try each offset.

G

Genetic Paradox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn. I was hoping it would be easier. lol.

D

dschu012

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are they the base skills? As in the skill level before you add equipment bonuses. It was based on someone elses research, I don't have Oblivion and couldn't test it very throughly. It works by simple searching for the values much like you would in a hex editor, that is why it sometimes finds the values multiple times making it not work very good.

A

Acer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok i think i get what you are saying i'm going to try modding a new profile & mod the Skills first then try the Attributes, i be back to tell you what happend.

I have been testing the tool you made & it won't work on big files or files you played for a long time.

T

titanbaseball13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
dschu012

i think i know what the problem with the stats is. you forgot to put alteration in the program. its not listed under the skills section so when yu search for your skills you are missing a number and it wont find the offset. any chance of you fixing this anytime soon?

A

Acer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya i noticed that too but shouldn't it work without it & when i used this i randomly got a key to the fighting area so i can open the locked doors but when i used the data reset "to glitch items" it disapeard.

T

titanbaseball13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im not really sure whether it should still work or not but my guess is no. for a real answer we're probably going to have to wait for dschu012 to post. and as for the key to the fighting area i never got anything like that so i dont know about that either.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Here: its a modded save my friend made, you can edit your character before yu start too. It has EVERYTHING and modded items.
Code:
http://files.filefront.com/Save+0+01C8F64E451C8C80/;13384092;/fileinfo.html

T

titanbaseball13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i want to be able to do it myself, not just download someone else's work (even though i did download that save). if dschu012 would just put alteration in his program then it would work fine.

D

dschu012

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A

Acer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
dschu012 said:
Sorry in my version I have alteration. I guess I uploaded the wrong one when I uploaded it. I have been so slow to respond because I have been busy, and partially cause I am lazy. If you want to make changes yourself to the program or find out how it works here is the source

Program: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Source Code: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Thanks & i do that all the time on hl2dm & css.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register