• Start date
  • Views 717
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CookDan000

Reaction score
Sin$
Look, I'll be honest, I know jack about modding or how to mod anything on the Xbox 360. I am trying to find out how you go about and modify the game so I can make my own modifications to it. If anyone on this site (which I am sure there are many of you) know how to directly change an aspect of a game, specifically Modern Warfare 2, can you -please- inform me post haste of how you do it? I would greatly appreciate anything and everything you have to say about how this is done.

Though I am not really looking for other people's mods. I would like to have these too, but I want to know -how- to do it. I want to make my own. Also, I'm trying to do this without altering my 360 itself. Like a softmod sort of thing where I can plug a flashdrive in or something instead of tampering with the console itself. I've already ruined one system by trying to hard mod it and I'm afraid to let anyone (even myself) mess with the internal components of the 360 I have now.

Anything you guys have to offer is great! Thanks and get back to me if you can.

Email: [email protected]

Energy

Energy

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If you're hoping to do MW2 modded lobbies with XP and challenges and such you will need a JTAG'd xbox so you can run unsigned .xex files.

Here is a tutorial even though you said you weren't going to mod the console in any way I decided to link to it anyway:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/108432-how-to-do-the-jtag-hackdump-nandxell/

You should specify what mods you are exactly attempting to do.

C

CookDan000

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to make mods myself on the computer and put it on a flashdrive and upload it to my 360 somehow. I'm not going to modify my 360's internal components because I know that I will screw it up even with a step by step guide.

And as for exactly what I'm looking for... I'd like unlimited ammo, greatly increased health, the ability to spawn an unlimited number of whatever killstreak whenever I want, faster running speeds, aim-assists, and that sort of thing. I didn't see any information about mods like this already existing so I was wondering how people made mods in the first place so I could try it.

Energy

Energy

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to make mods myself on the computer and put it on a flashdrive and upload it to my 360 somehow. I'm not going to modify my 360's internal components because I know that I will screw it up even with a step by step guide.

And as for exactly what I'm looking for... I'd like unlimited ammo, greatly increased health, the ability to spawn an unlimited number of whatever killstreak whenever I want, faster running speeds, aim-assists, and that sort of thing. I didn't see any information about mods like this already existing so I was wondering how people made mods in the first place so I could try it.

No, not possible without a JTAG'd console.

I think you can do .iso mods to mod campaign and I think you can mod your savegame file to mod spec-ops, but without a JTAG'd console you won't be able to do anything in a private match/public match.

S

Simply XP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't waste your money on a JTag if you're gonna use it for mw2.

Learn the other uses first, then come back to JTags.

C

CookDan000

Reaction score
Sin$
Well maybe I should just be lame and settle for a lag switch. Too bad I have wireless. Makes everything worlds more complicated.

S

Simply XP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There you go!

Thats you're next mission.

Creating a lagswitch for a wireless adaptor :tongue:

I wonder...

C

CookDan000

Reaction score
Sin$
It's doable. This kid here did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFomaVVYJ4Q

It just seems like a massive pain in the *** is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register