Solved Modding h2 xbox-moving tags from one map to another and expanding maps

• Thread starter opticalillusion1
  • Start date
  • Views 4,256
O

opticalillusion1

Reaction score
Sin$
Before I start I understand im like 13-14 years behind but...

im prepping for MCC(so I can mod h2a MCC when it comes on the PC). With that being said im also having problems finding any tutorials because a lot of the 12+ year old links are now dead.

I have Insolence. I can move tags. I can move single player weapons into multiplayer maps(like adding fuel rod gun/major sentinel beam) and Entity reads them just fine. But when i attempt to move some tags..say Magnum or SMG into 0b_deltacontrol
, Entity starts spewing out errors.

I know one can inject tags and expand maps(for example the Warthog run video
contains the warthog that was manually injected) but I have no idea what I am doing. I understand that when i moved a tag from one map into another i increased the map's size and I guess I need to change its Meta Size? but for MP maps I pasted like 4 different tags and I didnt need to change anything they loaded just fine. Im at a loss what to do

after doing some research and like 30x map crashes i found out that Insolence shouldn't be used in tag moving. That I need to use Entity only. But following this tutorial http://old.halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=58508 my maps still crash and freeze. What I did was clone a Character palette with Entity(for an extra character slot) in 06a_sentinelwalls(Sacred Icon), port the juggernaut out of o7b_forerunnership and injected the tag into sacred icon, changed that extra character palette I copied into the juggernaut and replaced some flood combat form characters in the scenario/squads with juggernaunts. I then resigned the map with Entity. But then my map either fails to load/freezes/or has glitchy textures and later freezes.

What im asking is ...does anyone know how to expand maps properly? Or how to ad tags? I just want to be able to port the flood juggernaut/weapons that arent in some maps into other SP maps.(sp only)

Last edited:
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried the 2.1.25 version we have here? You can't find it anywhere else.

Upvote 0
GUARDIAN_swoop37

GUARDIAN_swoop37

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
bro you actually have a version of insolence that can open "0b_deltacontrol". thats the only single player map that my insolence program will not open.
Post automatically merged:

hey AzzidReign, if you are talking about Entity v2.1.25, then i have two newer versions

Upvote 0
GUARDIAN_swoop37

GUARDIAN_swoop37

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i'm not sure but i was doing more digging and these are the versions i have

Entity - Raw Editor [alpha 1]
Entity [beta 1.1.5]
Entity [v1.3.9]
Entity [v1.4]
Entity [v2.0 source]
Entity [v2.0]
Entity [v2.1 source]
Entity [v2.1.5]
Entity [v2.1.8]
Entity [v2.1.19]
Entity [v2.1]
Entity Beta 1.1.7 [view bsp]
Entity Beta 1.2.1 [view bsp]
Entity Beta 1.3 [view bsp]
Entity Beta 1.3.0 [view bsp]
Entity UE
Entity UE [v1.5]
Entity UE [v1.6]

with some other Entity DATA files like plug-ins

Upvote 0
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
i'm not sure but i was doing more digging and these are the versions i have

Entity - Raw Editor [alpha 1]
Entity [beta 1.1.5]
Entity [v1.3.9]
Entity [v1.4]
Entity [v2.0 source]
Entity [v2.0]
Entity [v2.1 source]
Entity [v2.1.5]
Entity [v2.1.8]
Entity [v2.1.19]
Entity [v2.1]
Entity Beta 1.1.7 [view bsp]
Entity Beta 1.2.1 [view bsp]
Entity Beta 1.3 [view bsp]
Entity Beta 1.3.0 [view bsp]
Entity UE
Entity UE [v1.5]
Entity UE [v1.6]

with some other Entity DATA files like plug-ins
Looks like the latest you have is 2.1.19, which we have 2.1.25, which was specially made by Troy to fix an error that I was having.

Upvote 0
GUARDIAN_swoop37

GUARDIAN_swoop37

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
omgosh thats amazing that you have a newer version than me. I would be most humbly gratified if I could receive a DL link.

Upvote 0
GUARDIAN_swoop37

GUARDIAN_swoop37

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no bro none of the mega share links actually work i can't DL anything off of this site

Upvote 0
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
no bro none of the mega share links actually work i can't DL anything off of this site
Mega links? Can you show me which ones you are referring to? I believe those are all Google Drive links unless there was a mega link in there mixed with it. Please go to that thread and multi-quote select which ones you can't download.

Upvote 0
GUARDIAN_swoop37

GUARDIAN_swoop37

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i cant remember which links are what but I did find some of the mega links when I first became a member like about a week ago but yes i noticed they all seem to be google drive links now and i did mange to get some DL links to DOWNLOAD. but most links I can' receive the downloaded file, no clue why. Windows just hates me.

Upvote 0
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
i cant remember which links are what but I did find some of the mega links when I first became a member like about a week ago but yes i noticed they all seem to be google drive links now and i did mange to get some DL links to DOWNLOAD. but most links I can' receive the downloaded file, no clue why. Windows just hates me.
I think it's user error tbh. You are the only one that has had an issue. And the mega links are the mod pack downloads iirc. Tho, I think they are also mirrored on web archive.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register