Solved Modding GTA V with a Wasabi

• Thread starter nkjellman
  • Start date
  • Views 626
N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping to be able to mod GTA V on Xbox Live with a Wasabi.

The Xkey seemed affordable, right up until I found out that I need to fork out another $60 minimum to extract the firmware. I have an Xbox 360 Phat with a Lite On drive.

So with a Wasabi:
-Can I mod GTA Online?
-Is the Wasabi as safe as the Xkey?
-What will happen if a dashbord update comes out. Will I need to wait for an update for the Wasabi?

I

IHaveGuanaria69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can mod gta v easily but as i have heard from many people and friends who have bought the wasabi (i told em not to) they got banned when going online, so i would go with xk3y if i were you

A

alchemist zim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i remember correctly wasabi is a ODDE just like the xk3y so it should be a simple as making a copy of a clean ISO and then edit it using XBOX Image Browser

N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess the only thing that stands between me and the Xkey is extracting the firmware. Which doubles the amount of money I got to pay.

The Xkey Gecko supports firmware extraction for the Lite On, but I read that its only for the Slim Xbox 360. I have a Phat with a Lite On. I sure hope that this is wrong and it will extract from Lite On drives in Phats too.

B

ByrdMan

Once there was a very ugly barnacle.
Retired
Reaction score
Well ISO modding is cheaper.

N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well ISO modding is cheaper.
Well, I need the Xkey to ISO mod. I can still hot swap but its bad for my Xbox.

Plus Hot Swapping is harder on GTA V than it was on GTA IV, and more risky.

Maybe if I find somebody in the Chicago area who has one, then I can do it.

B

ByrdMan

Once there was a very ugly barnacle.
Retired
Reaction score
Well, I need the Xkey to ISO mod. I can still hot swap but its bad for my Xbox.

Plus Hot Swapping is harder on GTA V than it was on GTA IV, and more risky.

Maybe if I find somebody in the Chicago area who has one, then I can do it.
No you need a flashed disk drive which is like $40 give or take then just disk that's all.

K

Kam

Stw8 Wippin
Reaction score
Put an ad up on your local craigslist videogame section asking for someone who can extract xbox 360 dvd key. If you're not in a tiny town it shouldn't be hard. (edit: You're in CHICAGO? You could probably get someone on craigslist to do it for you in less than 24 hours.)

If you have any console repair shops give them a call too, they have the tools to help you out if they're willing.

But if you may be able to just plug your Xbox's drive into your desktop, make sure you can't do that before you pay someone else.

P

ppinick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy can get you key for you CHEAP. Don't downgrade to the Wasabi because of this problem!

Top Bottom