modding for dummies needed???

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: WaW Modding' started by conman, Jul 29, 2009 with 10 replies and 769 views.

1. conman

conman Newbie

Ratings:
    hi guys ive been reading up on modding cod for a while and just got my transfare cable today
    so far i have

transfare cable
    explorer360
    cod ww mod tool v1.0
    cod ww mod tool v1.3 (update i think)
    directx 10
    win rar

so i open explorer find my game save (it has the unrecognised file icon am i missing somit here?) i try to drag it to my desk top and it wont move tried copy and cut still nout?

then i try open my cod tool and i get an error message win_improper_quit_body with "yes" "no" "cancel" buttons press yes? and get another error couldnt load filesyscheck.cfg with a "ok" button

can any one tell me whats goin wrong?:?

2. Devilish3

Devilish3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Make sure you have .netframeworks 3.5 or the latest. And if you have vista run as administrator. Works for me.:thumbup:

3. OP
    conman

conman Newbie

Ratings:
    just noticed that if i right click on the save file and extract it to the desk top it works but im not sure if it will go back

4. XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks Getting There

Ratings:
    Why did you download the cod modtools? XD

5. OP
    conman

conman Newbie

Ratings:
    why or where? if its why cause i thought i need it is it just for p.c.?
    where im not sure now think i was directed to it from here

6. Devilish3

Devilish3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just hex edit the save game file yourself instead of using codtool. Alot better doing it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    conman

conman Newbie

Ratings:
    thought that using the tool was more straight forward and has more options well thats what i gather from the tut on hexing that is here

ok i got a cod mod tool that works got my game changed and went to move it back on to the HD and explorer crashes have tried to move it several times and it keeps freezing up it does leave a file on the HD but when i try to play it tells me it corupt would this be a bad copy of xplorer? if so would it let me open and remove the file with it?

and i just read that its been patched for multiplayer witch is crap but i still wana play a bit solo

8. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    Yea its for PC mate... whoever told you otherwise is horrifically wrong.

9. X GhOstLy X

X GhOstLy X Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You gotta go to edit insert file to put them back in.
    Run as admin and you need to turn control user accounts off to drag n drop on vista.
    Ghost

10. OP
    conman

conman Newbie

Ratings:
    i have neo hex editor now and was trying to use it by the guides here but none of the things that im ment to find and change are there and the guides all seem to tell ya what to do but not what its doing to the game by doing it

can i get a save file that has already been modded to get infnate ammo and a bit more speed?

11. XboxMySocks

Ratings: