Modding Castle Crashers ~ tut

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by zadesa, Jan 31, 2009 with 228 replies and 45,449 views.

1. zadesa

zadesa Enthusiast

Ratings:
    App
    KDone. I made the app.

First Open your profile up in a hex editor and find the block using the tut below.

Once found , locate the first symbol in the block, and get the offset right where it is place. behind it.

Press CTRL + E and get the offset of it and then press DEC , which converts it to dec which is what my app takes.

Load up my app and load your profile into it, paste your offset into the box and patch, done. Rehash, Resign and import back onto your xbox.

Sorry its rushed, dads being a drunk *****. forcing me off.

[​IMG]

[Click here to view the link]
    Manually
    Ok so heres how to mod castle crashers manually.

first open up your profile and search for "medic" with unicode checked. then get to the very end one so that you see this. NOTE, IF YOU DONT HAVE THE BLOCK UNDER "MEDIC" TRY "CASTLE CRASHERS".

[​IMG]

then scroll down until u see this>

[​IMG]

That is your castle crashers information (you may have two of these blocks, if so, you will need to do the same for both.)

Stats

Ok say we want to mod all our stats (magic, str, etc) to the highest (255) we would need to do thiz.
    [​IMG]

the highlighted areas are each charecters different stats, unlocked or locked, if you edit the stats the charecter will be unlocked anyway automatically!

So to make them all the highest they can be... so you can shoot arrows REALLY fast, do up2 500 damage with magic, and 300 damage per hit with weapons, (plus walk faster) and take less damage. you would need to change all the 01 01 01 01 of the charecter you want hacked, too FF FF FF FF. like so.

[​IMG]

So now the charecters stats are really high, and you can basically complete the entire game on insane without using a single potion (BTW the game is still fun! dont think it will ruin the game to be this easy! cause u still get knocked down and it requires abit of effort and skill still..!)

Gold

Simply, just go to the offset where we found medic, open your calculator, type in your original gold number and click the Hex radio button, and then search for that! and change it too FF FF for the best results![​IMG]

Experience Points (xp)

This is a tad weird, you can change your experiance on any charecter to full (obv) yet you wont level up instantly, instead you will most likely level up on every hit until you reach the maximum level >_<.

Locating the Xp value is VERY easy if u know where your stats are on each charecter, they are two lines up and two bytes back, consisting of 4 bytes. here:

[​IMG]

Where i hexed to FF FF was my xp, so now my xp will be 65k.. which is FF FF ! so every time i hit, ill level up.

Thats about it for now but ill update this whenever i find anything new!

Give credit if you take this tut,

~SQ

• Like Like x 37
  2. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    Wow, nice tut.
    Should put it in for the tutorial of the month, as you would of got my vote.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    zadesa

zadesa Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you think? =s how do i do that >_<

• Like Like x 1
  4. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    Wait for February, then submit it when the sub-forum/thread comes around.
    Then wait for the nominations thread, and you might win.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    zadesa

zadesa Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Oki =)

• Like Like x 1
  6. adahalo

adahalo Contributor

Ratings:
    You got my vote too, but I can't find it, I think it's because I played too much of it. That's what someone said at least, if you play too much you cant find the info for it.

EDIT: Can this unlock the Necro, and Wizard. Since they are already in the game?

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    zadesa

zadesa Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No, you can unlock the alien though, necro n wizard r just bad guys atm. and you can find it lol. send me your profil n ill find it ;P

8. adahalo

adahalo Contributor

Ratings:
    NVM I found it. But is there something in the hex that enables a character to be unlocked?

9. going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When i do this i found my green knight who has max ,strength,magic,defense,agility the value was ''19 19 19 19'' and i changed that to "FF FF FF FF" resigned and put it back on memory card.

When i go to play it says i only have the 4 Knights, king and, gray open faced knight. Also they are all level 1.

So it seems i am doing something wrong here any ideas?

10. pepsiflame

pepsiflame Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can't match up the info on mine with the info in the pics after the achivements.

11. OP
    zadesa

zadesa Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Your doing the right thing, but there might be two sections you need to change.. it happens to me sometimes.

12. going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    where would the second section be located?

13. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Good tutorial, I'll give this a try, how long til you have a program for this you said?

14. alphadog

alphadog Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hey wat is the file in xplorer for castle crashers i cant tell if its
    545107FE,4541080F,4156081C,415607F7, or FFFE07D1
    lol i know thats alot but if u could tell me that would quicken the process

15. going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Castle crashers saves to your gamer profile not its own file.

So on your xbox HDD>profiles>YOUR GAMERTAG

thats the file you need.

16. alphadog

alphadog Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ohh ty man sry should of looked it up before i asked

17. going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yup your welcome, and yeah reading actual tut is usualy good =)

18. SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR Retired Retired

Ratings:
    im no gunna lie that's ****ing sick. Basically from what I can understand you can give yourself XP?

gr8 tut!

19. going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Xp, raise stats,more gold, unlock characters yup pretty awesome, if only i could figure out what im doing wrong...

EDIT: ok so i loaded castle crashers and played a bit to alter my saved info, i went back in to the file and had two blocks as you said may happen and changed them both and i got same result....

This is driving me crazy!...!..!..!

20. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    You recommending him for tutorial of the month for a tutorial that he copied?