What's new

Tutorial Modding Badass Ranks - For other people...

• Thread starter Shane_99
  • Start date
  • Views 7,951
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane_99

Shane_99

Reaction score
Sin$
I am looking for someone to explain how to take someone's xbox live profile and mod there badass stats. I have tried and i can't seem to get it, if anyone could give me some feedback that would be great.

Goose306

Goose306

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Take your profile or whomever's profile, save it to your usb stick -

Open the stick on your PC in Horizon (or others... I find Horizon tends to be the best at not throwing weird errors and corrupting ish so that's what I use)

Extract your profile and the gpd for Borderlands 2.

Open the GPD Editor, it'll ask you to choose the gpd and profile, choose the two you just extracted.

Mod away as you please.

Open the existing profile on the USB stick in Horizon.

Replace the gpd, rehash and resign.

Starts Borderlands 2 with NO PROFILE SIGNED IN and the USB stick NOT PLUGGED IN to the 360.

Wait until you get past the "Press Start" screen, and it gives you the screen that says you aren't signed in and can't save, blah blah blah. Hit OK (A button) so it clears and loads the default character.

THEN insert the USB stick, hit the xbox button and sign in. It'll go back to the "Press Start" screen and give you a pop-up that you've been returned to the start screen as a profile change has occured, hit OK (A button) to dismiss.

Go ahead, select character, and you're off. From here on out you don't need to do the hijacked load where you have to insert the USB stick after its loaded, it only needs to do it the first time. After that the player data on the M$ servers will sync and you can move it to your HDD/recover to another 360, etc. It will stay. If you are doing it for other people as I've done in the past just hit Start and quit, then log out of the profile and tell them to recover it after you've confirmed everything is correct.

Also if they enable cloud saves on their 360 you can reassign any custom saves you might have to their profile ID using Horizon and then uploading to the cloud saves on your 360. Once they recover their profile they'll have the modded badass rank and can just go in and retrieve the custom saves from the cloud. Its a nice touch if you're doing a favor for a friend.

EDIT: BTW I've done this for about 2-3 good friends of mine that wanted it as well as my own numerous times and never had a problem. The trick that usually throws most people is how you have to load up the game.

Shane_99

Shane_99

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you very much man, I just started this recently and i wanted to share all my goods with my friends. I did everything until the part where you go back to your Xbox. I will be sure to try this method out. Thanks a ton !!!

MadeGuy

MadeGuy

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Please don't do this. We don't need this anymore spread than it already is. If they can't do it themselves, then they don't need it.

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
For the record if you are going to do this, I had a lot of issues with it. The main thing that caused me problems which Goose left out is, Once you have modded the gpd and put it back in the profile. Make sure you repeat the (Replace gpd file) and (Rehash resign) at least 3 times. Meaning Replace file, rehash and close the file, repeat that 3 times..... 
At the same time tho I agree with Guy ^ on if they cant do it themselves don't do it for them.

DC2GiB

DC2GiB

Liverpool FC
Reaction score
Sin$
For the record if you are going to do this, I had a lot of issues with it. The main thing that caused me problems which Goose left out is, Once you have modded the gpd and put it back in the profile. Make sure you repeat the (Replace gpd file) and (Rehash resign) at least 3 times. Meaning Replace file, rehash and close the file, repeat that 3 times..... 
At the same time tho I agree with Guy ^ on if they cant do it themselves don't do it for them.
you do not have to do that am sure you wayched Deftoneds vid, he just states that to be sure. i saved it once, only reason i did try it was just to see if it worked, it had to work anyways didnt it! you just saved everything once (all that needed) though that being said once your at that point you might as well do it twice which is what i do and it works fine.

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried the save and rehash only once process and It corrupted my profile. I actually had to search and find his vid and it just so happened to help me out. And the reason I stress so much to follow that stepis when my profile got corrupted I had to delete it off my flash drive and redownload it on a totally different xbox because the xbox I transferred it from kept giving me errors after it corrupted. So yea its up to you to take the risk.

DC2GiB

DC2GiB

Liverpool FC
Reaction score
Sin$
dont know man like i said it worked for me and did not corrupt anything though like i said i do it twice but done it before on 1 and nothing has happened. once i got a corrupted profile and i saved more than once too had to download again same as you, i guess this can happen from time to time anyways. but i knew you had seen his vid like i did :smile:

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

Reaction score
Sin$
His vid was great, I was really irritated with my profile getting corrupted. Even after I deleted it off my flash drive, When I re downloaded it, every time I tried to move it back to my flash drive I got an error message, Like It corrupted my flash drive itself.

DC2GiB

DC2GiB

Liverpool FC
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks to Deftoned i know how to mod BL2 simple as.

M4YON

M4YON

Se7ensins Beast
Mythical Veteran Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
His vid was great, I was really irritated with my profile getting corrupted. Even after I deleted it off my flash drive, When I re downloaded it, every time I tried to move it back to my flash drive I got an error message, Like It corrupted my flash drive itself.

I ran into that problem where it kept corrupting my profile until i read somewhere that said move it over to the hardrive before trying to sign in. The flash drive will show it is corrupt but it won't on the hardrive for some reason.

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

Reaction score
Sin$
Yea But I knew that and Everytime I tried to fix it (re mod it) It wouldn't let me transfer it. It actually jacked it up some how. Like I said The only way I could fix it was to recover the profile from my backup xbox and transfer it. My main xbox wouldn't let me transfer it to flash drive but my backup xbox would. Needless to say I don't think il ever re mod my gpd because I don't know what it did but I don't want to fight with it again.

DC2GiB

DC2GiB

Liverpool FC
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea But I knew that and Everytime I tried to fix it (re mod it) It wouldn't let me transfer it. It actually jacked it up some how. Like I said The only way I could fix it was to recover the profile from my backup xbox and transfer it. My main xbox wouldn't let me transfer it to flash drive but my backup xbox would. Needless to say I don't think il ever re mod my gpd because I don't know what it did but I don't want to fight with it again.
theres no problem whatsoever, worst comes to worst you re-download the profile from xbox. modding this game is easy and you shouldnt have a problem modding again, hell i change my stats every 2 days :smile:

K

Krazedsamoan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Take your profile or whomever's profile, save it to your usb stick -

Open the stick on your PC in Horizon (or others... I find Horizon tends to be the best at not throwing weird errors and corrupting ish so that's what I use)

Extract your profile and the gpd for Borderlands 2.

Open the GPD Editor, it'll ask you to choose the gpd and profile, choose the two you just extracted.

Mod away as you please.

Open the existing profile on the USB stick in Horizon.

Replace the gpd, rehash and resign.

Starts Borderlands 2 with NO PROFILE SIGNED IN and the USB stick NOT PLUGGED IN to the 360.

Wait until you get past the "Press Start" screen, and it gives you the screen that says you aren't signed in and can't save, blah blah blah. Hit OK (A button) so it clears and loads the default character.

THEN insert the USB stick, hit the xbox button and sign in. It'll go back to the "Press Start" screen and give you a pop-up that you've been returned to the start screen as a profile change has occured, hit OK (A button) to dismiss.

Go ahead, select character, and you're off. From here on out you don't need to do the hijacked load where you have to insert the USB stick after its loaded, it only needs to do it the first time. After that the player data on the M$ servers will sync and you can move it to your HDD/recover to another 360, etc. It will stay. If you are doing it for other people as I've done in the past just hit Start and quit, then log out of the profile and tell them to recover it after you've confirmed everything is correct.

Also if they enable cloud saves on their 360 you can reassign any custom saves you might have to their profile ID using Horizon and then uploading to the cloud saves on your 360. Once they recover their profile they'll have the modded badass rank and can just go in and retrieve the custom saves from the cloud. Its a nice touch if you're doing a favor for a friend.

EDIT: BTW I've done this for about 2-3 good friends of mine that wanted it as well as my own numerous times and never had a problem. The trick that usually throws most people is how you have to load up the game.

This is great and still works. You need to mod the actual rank for it to work on xboxone and it works great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register