Modding Avatars

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Lewie4, Jan 21, 2009 with 23 replies and 2,010 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewie4

Lewie4 Getting There

Ratings:
    We have lots of cloths on the system already, just locked by MS for some stupid reason or another. The reason this hack works is by modifying the file that holds all the flags that tell you what you have or havent had unlocked yet. I'm still not sure what the begining of the file is but after the first comma are all the unlock flags. After the second comma are the flags that lable an item as new and shouldnt be messed with unless you want a star on EVERYTHING.... I found that out the hard way.

1. On your 360, make sure you already have the winter clothing unlocked. If not then you might end up with just an empty con.
    2. Browse to Content\0000000000000000\FFFE07DF\00040000 and get a copy of your AvatarData file.
    3. Open it in your favorite hex editing program and go to D000
    4. If you just see hex data go to step 7.
    5. If you just see "AvatarAssetOverride.txt" then you need to go further down into the file.
    6. If you had to go further down into the file then there is also a chance you have to do step 7 twice due to the unlock flags showing up twice in the file.
    7. On the right you want to change all the text after the first comma and before the second comma to a capital F. (Highlighted area)

[Click here to view the link]

8. Save your changes, resign, transfer, and load your system offline.

Here is a video to show you what it unlocks: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz1yS6gCx4s"]YouTube - Avatar Mod on 360[/ame]

2. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    I feel like you took this tutorial from somewhere else as I am about 90% sure I have seen it before. Also didn't M$ plan to unlock these clothes for us on a certain date and haven't they already been unlocked for us? I don't pay much attention to avatars so I may be wrong.

3. OP
    Lewie4

Lewie4 Getting There

Ratings:
    Nah i made it and posted on another site.

They have not been unlocked but apparently they will be getting unlocked over the next 3 years

4. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Microsoft is slowly unlocking these clothes. If anybody thinks a pair of Xbox 3D clothes are worth getting banned over, be my guest and do this. Or you can just wait.

5. XxDazmoxX

XxDazmoxX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if you made this video then do me a hugeeeeeeeeeee favour

and tell me the name of that song.......i want it lmao
    i LOVE it!!!!

ok it doesnt matter lol
    i just found it after frantic searching on youtube :laughing:

Saosin: you're not alone, i love it now :biggrin::biggrin:

6. Waun

Waun Newbie

Ratings:
    on step2
    do you have to browse the content on your computer or xbox360

2. Browse to Content\0000000000000000\FFFE07DF\00040000 and get a copy of your AvatarData file.

7. OP
    Lewie4

Lewie4 Getting There

Ratings:
    it is on your xbox hard drive:biggrin:

8. FATAL 213

FATAL 213 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    :thumbdown:I would wait if i was everyone reading this thread.
    Its not worth getting the hammer slapped over your head for some Clothes.." REally"
    Not worth it.
    But if you like running on the wild side be my guest :biggrin::thumbup:

9. OP
    Lewie4

Lewie4 Getting There

Ratings:
    i have done it and have taken it online now and all that happens is that they take a away the new clothes that u r not wearing then if you change them you cant change them to the new one's unless you mod it again

10. Waun

Waun Newbie

Ratings:
    i have a old gamertag i dont use anymore

im goin to do it on there =)

11. TheMLG Blackout

TheMLG Blackout Enthusiast

Ratings:
    has any one been banned for doing this yet?? becouse you are all on about its not worth being banned but yet agen. i have not seen any one leave a comment saying i have been banned for doing this.
    ?????????????

12. OP
    Lewie4

Lewie4 Getting There

Ratings:
    No you cant get banned for doing this i have had them on for just over 2 weeks and i have not been banned

13. TheMLG Blackout

Ratings:
    oh btw i just thought this up and this is what i have done.
    :smile:

when u do the mod to the file with an other resigner make a backup of the file befor you have done any thing too it!!!

this way if the K.V of that resigner you just resigned the file with gets banned. and makes the file CORRUPT you can just put the other file back with your K.V.

duno if your console will resign it with your K.V some time after you have done it but i have done this just in case.
    :tongue:

14. OP
    Lewie4

Lewie4 Getting There

Ratings:
    Yeh i have a copy of my normal avatar file and my modded avatar file :smile:

15. colombian199213

colombian199213 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    can u post a pic how step 7 should look like :smile:

:?:? how do u resign

16. Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:
    Just so you all know, people are getting permanent console bans for this. It won't be instant, but if someone reports you or if Microsoft sees you online with modded unlocked clothing, you will be banned.

17. TheMLG Blackout

Ratings:
    there is. its the link under step 7
    [Click here to view the link]

just like you would any other file.
    i use ghostis NXE resigner on xploder forum page. very easy.

but there is a few on this web site.

well if soo i will just trade my console in :tongue:
    and buy another.

18. OP
    Lewie4

Lewie4 Getting There

Ratings:
    You do not get banned i have had the new clothes for nearly a month and i am not banned :smile:

19. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Actually you do get banned if MS catches you.

20. Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:
    There are millions of gamertags. Of course it will take a while and you probably won't get banned unless someone reports you, but why take the risk for digital clothing that will come out anyway?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.