What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Modded X360 (DVD Flash with Jungle Flasher) no longer reading backup discs

• Thread starter roachforlife
  • Start date
  • Views 434
R

roachforlife

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all, first post here. Been about 3 years since I touched the system but I noticed none of my backed up DVDRs are being read now (retail ones DO work). I put in the disc and it says Open Tray instead of the game name. Since its reading the retail ones Im thinking its not the laser but any thoughts? Unfortunately I dont recall all the details of how I modded it but I can say the dashboard shows 2.0.16537.0 if that provides any value. Also it did work 3 years ago so unsure what may have changed. Thanks all

Edit - Im remembering now that I let my father use my system. He also has a non modded 360. He doesnt remember but Im wondering.. if he put the HD from my unit into his or his into my modded 360 (why hed do this I dont know but trying to assume all possibilities), would that auto update anything on mine that would make the flashed dvdrom no longer work? I know he never has his online but not sure if just being on a diff system would try to change something?

I guess secondly not sure why all my options would be at this point. I def did not solder anything when I did the mod but it was so long ago I dont remember much. Mustve been something with the DVD drive itself maybe? EDIT again - actually reading thru some other posts I def did using Jungle Flasher and the Team Executer device for the drive itself

D

dcapper

Reaction score
Sin$
Did you figure out what was wrong? I think the dashboard update prevents backups to be played. I'm having the same issues. I dumped my drive and it shows the proper firmware on the drive. I think we're out of luck now.

Top Bottom
Login
Register