What's new

Discussion Modded name questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

x FaTe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinkin about doing the modded name thing but I have a few questions. I'm not going all out just probably gonna switch it to a name or single word. No colors, buttons, or anything.

1. Can I get banned? What are the chances? If yea.. how long?

2. I play on GB and I can't play with a name different on my GB even though it will still be the same tag. Is there any way to turn it off/on? A friend said I can make 2 different profiles. My real GT profile and my modded GT profile. Just sign on the real one when I need to use that. Is that possible?

2a. If I can do that.. will they both have the same stuff? Say if I unlock some titles or levels on one. Will the other one be the same or different?

Thanks

A

AndiBoii x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
x FaTe said:
I'm thinkin about doing the modded name thing but I have a few questions. I'm not going all out just probably gonna switch it to a name or single word. No colors, buttons, or anything.

1. Can I get banned? What are the chances? If yea.. how long?

2. I play on GB and I can't play with a name different on my GB even though it will still be the same tag. Is there any way to turn it off/on? A friend said I can make 2 different profiles. My real GT profile and my modded GT profile. Just sign on the real one when I need to use that. Is that possible?

2a. If I can do that.. will they both have the same stuff? Say if I unlock some titles or levels on one. Will the other one be the same or different?

Thanks

1. Yes, of course you can get banned, but I highly doubt it. Im not sure how long.

2. You sign into your modded gamertag, which when you press xbox live it will say 'This profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live'. It'll then redirect you to a sign in screen and when you sign into your normal profile, your modded gt will be on it.

2a. Yes because your still on your original account.

S

Shiny

Trips
Reaction score
1. the chance is very low. (Except u meet a IW/MS admin in ranked matches lol)
2. U just have to go back to main menu and the GT is normal.
2a. the other account is not live, and cant connect to live (i think). its like a new created account.:smile:

X

x FaTe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright sounds good. One last thing. What's the thing about everything getting reset and you have to change margins/brightness/controls everytime you play a game? Seems like it would get real annoying quick.

C

CM Unlimited

Enthusiast
Reaction score
x FaTe said:
Alright sounds good. One last thing. What's the thing about everything getting reset and you have to change margins/brightness/controls everytime you play a game? Seems like it would get real annoying quick.

There is a way around it. In fact theres a tutorial on this forum on how to do it, you might have to look a little bit it's probably buried under spam.

F

Fez Lightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to answer your first question yes. I got suspended for 2 weeks. Then after getting "unsuspended I tried to renew my gold subscription and it wouldn't let me. I called customer support and they said my accound is suspended indefinately for system tampering. haha. so be careful.

X

x FaTe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn. Did you have all colors and stuff?

B

brude591

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea i just got suspended until the 12 of this month so its not all that bad since it was done at 11:55pm so i really just got 1 day suspension.

F

Fez Lightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
brude591 said:
yea i just got suspended until the 12 of this month so its not all that bad since it was done at 11:55pm so i really just got 1 day suspension.

Yeah but if ur as lucky as me youll get unsuspended but won't be able to play games or anything.

W

YoImBeast

Getting There
Reaction score
I hope this helps:

I modded my gamertag several times, you dont lose and titles, emblems, challenges ect. If you get banned from what i have heard it is up to 1 month. I have gotten banned on my previous xbox(console banned) for flashing my Hdrive and modding my gamertag(im pretty sure why i got CB'ed). But anyways if you are going to mod dont use Hex editers, they are hard to use, just stick with EzGt and Modio for easiest modding. But if you are mostly worried about getting banned you can download a console protector, which protects your ip adress and prevents you from getting banned, i havent got banned scince ive used it so i think its working.

G

Gig

Chance The Rapper
Reaction score
Some peoples suspensions are longer because they have offensive or inappropriate gamertags. And if you planning to just add a single word (no colors or anything) you should be safe, because most people wont know your GT is even modded if it looks normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom