• Views 158,329
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
First off I was thinking objects spawning, just to be clear. Second if the spawn value is read-only then what would adding on more numbers on the timer do?
It's read-only to Megalo. In other words Megalo can't dynamically change the spawn time of something. Whatever the time is set to in Forge is what's set in stone. The best we can do in Megalo is one of two things: 1) "teleport" it from one place to another by attaching it to separate hill markers or anything of the like (one unseen by the player, another seen), or 2) use an "inverse" of ObjectHide to show something (would have to be hidden already, and obviously would still have its collision while hidden). Both of these can be controlled via Megalo.

I'm getting this KSoft error, anyone knows what does it refers to?
and lower than the
-The index (based on 0) must be higher or equal to zero and lower than the size of the arguments list-

Could be a ton of things. CTRL+Z (undo) over and over until it compiles again and you'll have found what caused your error. It's not much, but it's all we have to work with. I'd recommend using Visual Studio 2010 Express (it's free, click the link) as it has a really large undo cache (like 100+ undos). I use it exclusively.

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Also is it possible to make the spawn time numbers go higher than 180? 3 minutes is not a long time. Maybe have the user data also add time to the spawn time?
I can see it maybe being possible through editing the Forge map itself, but as Teancum pointed out, it can't be changed from a gametype. I have some basic parts of the Forge format mapped out, but I don't care enough right now to figure out how objects are stored and make an editor for it.

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I can see it maybe being possible through editing the Forge map itself, but as Teancum pointed out, it can't be changed from a gametype. I have some basic parts of the Forge format mapped out, but I don't care enough right now to figure out how objects are stored and make an editor for it.

Well, I was curious as I was indeed trying mod my forge maps trait zone on adrift and found out each time a person died it was 186 seconds and was wondering if that were possible. I could prove it to you again if I need be, that was when I was using sunburst on them though. Which is why I would really love a program to edit the map as it'd be ten times easier to mod the map using .xml then sunburst IMO.

El Gabotron

El Gabotron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I'm trying to replace a H4 variant UserDefinedOptions with new ones from Reach and I'm getting the index errors from last night ALWAYS, any idea how can I solve this?

Exception while game variant proccesing: System.Format Excepion: the index (based on zero) must be higher or equal to zero and lower than the size of the arguments list.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
So dumb question here, but does the created by/modified by date have to change for your file share to update? I can't seem to upload the new version of Haloball. What's also weird is that Juggernaut uploads, but then gets turned into vanilla Infinity Rumble. ID conflict?

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
*snip*

Synth put this on TeamBeyond. Synth is also God.
Just a bit of a note with this: while it works some of the time, it's done in a very hackish way. There is by no means any sort of built-in descoping feature or trait. It works by giving players a turret and then quickly taking it away when they get damaged. It's very, very, experimental, and I have no idea how this would hold up in actual play due to all of the different edge cases that could occur. Please stop worshipping him, and I'm reporting anyone who tries to talk crap about 343i because of this.

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a bit of a note with this: while it works some of the time, it's done in a very hackish way. There is by no means any sort of built-in descoping feature or trait. It works by giving players a turret and then quickly taking it away when they get damaged. It's very, very, experimental, and I have no idea how this would hold up in actual play due to all of the different edge cases that could occur. Please stop worshipping him, and I'm reporting anyone who tries to talk crap about 343i because of this.

Edge cases being ANY amount of lag will trigger some sort of delay in the weapon-swapping. Meaning players may get left being unable to shoot for a period of time if it does occur.

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Edge cases being ANY amount of lag will trigger some sort of delay in the weapon-swapping. Meaning players may get left being unable to shoot for a period of time if it does occur.
I would assume so. I was talking to him a while ago when he first came up with the idea and IIRC there was a problem where you couldn't shoot at all (scoped in or not) while someone else was shooting at you (not sure if it's been fixed yet or not). It's a neat idea, don't get me wrong, but I can guarantee you that it won't be perfect and I don't see it holding up well in intense matches.

synth92

synth92

Getting There
Frame In Gold Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I honestly didn't expect it to blow up like this. I feel kind of bad now that people are talking **** about 343 Industries. :frown:

And AMD it's actually the invisible weapon used in extraction during disarming ('bomb' object) along with a temporary trait that sets your switch speed to 2,500%.

It's in the local trigger so lag shouldn't be an issue. The issues are that it doesn't work very well with Forerunner weapons and anyone with LightRifle will be put at a disadvantage. Also, did I mention it doesn't work for guests at all?

Matchmaking has strict standards and this simply does not cut it.

WhackyGordon

WhackyGordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
...I'm reporting anyone who tries to talk crap about 343i because of this.

...I feel kind of bad now that people are talking **** about 343 Industries. :frown:

Why the hater-hate? I mean, 343 haven't exactly gone out of their way to cultivate a beneficial image of themselves - I can't imagine any of it surprises them. It's pretty clear that they're just the frontman for some less-than-savoury business decisions.

As far as de-scoping goes, it's a shame the workaround you (synth) found is as rough as it is, but damn is it good to see that much lol
I wonder how much work it would be for 343 to actually patch descoping into the game. That would be something.. lol

S

Sitri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why the hater-hate? I mean, 343 haven't exactly gone out of their way to cultivate a beneficial image of themselves - I can't imagine any of it surprises them. It's pretty clear that they're just the frontman for some less-than-savoury business decisions.l
Put simply: people have a very unrealistic view of how Halo 4 modding works.

synth92

synth92

Getting There
Frame In Gold Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm curious to if you know why this happens.

Because there's no way to get a reference to the local player "properly". Things like this aren't intended to be accomplished in Megalo.

Viral Elegy

Viral Elegy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Because there's no way to get a reference to the local player "properly". Things like this aren't intended to be accomplished in Megalo.

Man, reverse-engineering the coding that wasn't intended to be used, and then using said coding in ways it wasn't intended for in the first place?

#YOLO.

J

JamesDoesGFX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
S

Sitri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2096-halo-4-with-descoping Read the whole thing. This is why we cant have nice things from 343i. Because dumb little competitive kiddies get super giddy and set to full tard mode and have no ****ing idea what they are saying or even what the **** is going on.
Excuse people for getting excited over a feature that was necessary in Halo 4 since day 1. We have the means to change everything else that was uncompetitive about Halo 4, and descope just completes the circle.

J

JamesDoesGFX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Excuse people for getting excited over a feature that was necessary in Halo 4 since day 1. We have the means to change everything else that was uncompetitive about Halo 4, and descope just completes the circle.

yes but them tards flaming and bashing 343 is just beyond agitating. They b**** and complain about 343i and bully them and yet the expect 343 to just bow down to them because they are members of some ****ing competitive whatever the f*** forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register