• Start date
  • Views 158,329
Status
Not open for further replies.
FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead

Reaction score
Sin$
Are there any plans for the creation of Safe Havens? If there is, that would make as jittery as a jitterbug.

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Nice, Race Fans are gonna kill you and love you for making an even cooler race game-type then imagined, lol. :wink:Nice, Race Fans are gonna kill you and love you for making an even cooler race game-type then imagined, lol. :wink: Don't forget the landmine option. :wink:

Anyway, can you tell me when your testing a newer version of it, I would like to start building a race map and figure what your showing off tells me I can build a map for it while your still working on it, kinda get a jump on things, yea, I could build without it, but that don't help as I don't know how your setting up the checkpoints and stuff.

D

adderrson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
synth92 synth92

Will there be an option to scale players also in the gametype settings? :smile:

I'd love to make the warthogs nice and compact but the spartans be to scale of said smaller hog.

Unusual Hiccup

Unusual Hiccup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Dude, this is utterly awesome. Understatement of the year.

Race fans shall adore you for this :wink:

Would it be possible to add an option to add some music on there? Like, say, you could change between the Flood music and the CTF Carrier music?

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, one of the vehicle options is "None."

That will make my day, puzzle maps are gonna be awesome now. :smile:

What about having an option to change biped from flood to human to monitor, if possible. Only reason is because everyone loved watcher flood as they could fly around like the monitor and puzzle enthusiasts, i;e me and others can abuse that.

Lemmingscanfly

Lemmingscanfly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dude, this is utterly awesome. Understatement of the year.

Race fans shall adore you for this :wink:

Would it be possible to add an option to add some music on there? Like, say, you could change between the Flood music and the CTF Carrier music?

Huh wow! you just read my mind, I was just about to say adding flood or last man standing music would make it even better.
Well... not that I'd be able to hear it because of that damn halo 4 audio glitch.

synth92

synth92

Getting There
Frame In Gold Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
synth92 synth92

Will there be an option to scale players also in the gametype settings? :smile:

I'd love to make the warthogs nice and compact but the spartans be to scale of said smaller hog.

The smaller the vehicles are, the less stable they are so it's kinda difficult to drive a tiny Warthog. I suppose I could add a player scaling option too.

Cosmic Lightning Cosmic Lightning
Checkpoints are hill markers.

And I planned on playing music during the final lap.

Unusual Hiccup

Unusual Hiccup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Huh wow! you just read my mind, I was just about to say adding flood or last man standing music would make it even better.
Well... not that I'd be able to hear it because of that damn halo 4 audio glitch.

We need some really tense music for the guy in the lead. Just to make him sweat a little bit more. :wink:

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The smaller the vehicles are, the less stable they are so it's kinda difficult to drive a tiny Warthog. I suppose I could add a player scaling option too.

Cosmic Lightning Cosmic Lightning
Checkpoints are hill markers.

And I planned on playing music during the final lap.

Yes, but I was curious, is it not like reach's race where the label = the checkpoint? Or is it different? Because on reachs race I loved to make the landmines be the checkpoint. :wink:

synth92

synth92

Getting There
Frame In Gold Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, but I was curious, is it not like reach's race where the label = the checkpoint? Or is it different?

There's a race_checkpoint label you have to apply to checkpoints and you control the order of checkpoints via Spawn Sequence. My gametype supports multiple checkpoints for a single spawn sequence (useful for alternative routes, etc). Due to how the Halo 4 engine works, you'll also have to place one instance of each vehicle on the map and optionally assign the race_del label to each one of them. Those vehicles force the engine to load vehicles into memory therefore allowing the script to spawn vehicles.

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
There's a race_checkpoint label you have to apply to checkpoints and you control the order of checkpoints via Spawn Sequence. My gametype supports multiple checkpoints for a single spawn sequence (useful for alternative routes, etc). Due to how the Halo 4 engine works, you'll also have to place one instance of each vehicle on the map and optionally assign the race_del label to each one of them. Those vehicles force the engine to load vehicles into memory therefore allowing the script to spawn vehicles.

So, I can change the checkpoints to landmines like in reach, sweet. But you aslo saying that we have to place a vehice with race_del at every checkpoint or just in beginning?

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Makes me wish we could attach weapons/attributes to vehicles. I could totally see a Mario Kart gametype with powerups being tons o' fun.

Great work all. So stoked to see this. By the way - is there a particular gametype you haven't started work on, like VIP? I'd like to try my hand at modifying a Halo 4 script to do something "classic".

synth92

synth92

Getting There
Frame In Gold Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I can change the checkpoints to landmines like in reach, sweet. But you aslo saying that we have to place a vehice with race_del at every checkpoint or just in beginning?
Just place each race vehicle once anywhere on the map. This is probably why 343i didn't include Race at launch since it's kind of a silly thing to do. I haven't tested with landmines but there might be issues with checkpoints disappearing.

Makes me wish we could attach weapons/attributes to vehicles. I could totally see a Mario Kart gametype with powerups being tons o' fun.

Great work all. So stoked to see this. By the way - is there a particular gametype you haven't started work on, like VIP? I'd like to try my hand at modifying a Halo 4 script to do something "classic".

Mario Kart is totally doable but you might be able to manipulate vehicle speed so no speed boost powerup.

AMD and I are not making gametypes after Race. Gun Game and Race are exercises to help us understand Megalo better before we come up with a high-level scripting language for MegaloScript. AFAIK the only other gametype is Sharpshooter that's currently being worked on by Xerax.

You can do whatever you want but I don't think ksoft is exactly a good tool for making new gametypes from scratch.

RecklessRi1ey

RecklessRi1ey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just place each race vehicle once anywhere on the map. This is probably why 343i didn't include Race at launch since it's kind of a silly thing to do. I haven't tested with landmines but there might be issues with checkpoints disappearing.

Mario Kart is totally doable but you might be able to manipulate vehicle speed so no speed boost powerup.

AMD and I are not making gametypes after Race. Gun Game and Race are exercises to help us understand Megalo better before we come up with a high-level scripting language for MegaloScript. AFAIK the only other gametype is Sharpshooter that's currently being worked on by Xerax.

You can do whatever you want but I don't think ksoft is exactly a good tool for making new gametypes from scratch.

Is it possible to publish the Gametypes so that the have ingame editable created bys so when it says something like 343 Industries we can change that ingame by editing and saving the gametype?

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Oh, i see. That's fine.

K, so I'll wait then, I just wanted the before so I can edit in the labels, I used to put in the labels after the map but that takes forever. Especially with what I do. I love to do alternate routes, I love to make people think. :wink:

Is it possible to publish the Gametypes so that the have ingame editable created bys so when it says something like 343 Industries we can change that ingame by editing and saving the gametype?

Are you nuts, no, and no. That would aslo allow people to take modded game-types and change them to their name when we know they didn't make it and that would be stupid, we want to keep it so we know who made what.

Unusual Hiccup

Unusual Hiccup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Perhaps change that to 'race_req', so it'd be "Race requirement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register