Modded 360 wont work.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by theecoolguy, Dec 1, 2008 with 8 replies and 517 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NakedZombo

NakedZombo Member

Ratings:
    Well I just burned a disc but its still not working. I have a flashed drive but its still not working for some reason. If I have to reflash can you tell me how I would reflash it. Or it might be the disc idk.

2. .Perfection

.Perfection Enthusiast

Ratings:
    little more info?

does the disk read as 'mixed media'?
    what disks are you using?
    what do you burn with, and at what speed?
    are you sure you have a dual layer dvd burner in your pc?

3. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
  4. OP
    NakedZombo

NakedZombo Member

Ratings:
    1. It says its reading then it goes back to "Open Tray"
    2. I am using Memorex DVD-R DL
    3. I burn with CloneCD, I tried ImgBurn but everytime I get an error.
    4. Yeah I am sure

5. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Do regular retail games work?

6. bd911

bd911 Newbie

Ratings:
    just out of curiousity do you have a samsung? if you did infact burn and flash it correctly (which you may not have if it was your first time) and you have a samsung with some decent use then it probaly won't play. In my experience the flashed sammies that are fairly worn will not play memorex dvd+dl without tweaking the dvd laser pot. After tweaking the pot on the sammies I got them to read memorex but the laser doesn't last much longer after that. Again in my experience the used hitachi's read the memorex but typically not the used sammies. You should ONLY use VERBATIM dvd+dl made in singapore. Some may argue this is not neccessary but my experience deems otherwise. I believe it may have something to do with the dye that the factory in singapore uses which is easier for the dvd laser to read through/against. Anyway... even verbatim won't work if you flashed incorrectly or burned incorrectly. See if your drive will play a retail game or even a cd. If yes then "extract" your current firmware and open in xbox360 firmware toolbox. The first few lines will tell you what it is. If it doesn't say iextreme in comments then you didn't flash it. If it does say ixtreme then make sure the key is not all ffffff or cccccc or 777777. If your flash is okay, and burned okay and it won't play retail games then dvd laser is toast. If flash is okay and it does play retail games then use verbatim. If flash is okay, and you used verbatim, and it plays retail games then you burned it wrong. And so on and so forth. What errors did you get with imageburn? Post the log please.

7. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Eww Memorex. There is a reason the site talks about Verbatims, they work.

8. nicknewt

nicknewt Newbie

Ratings:
    You're also using the wrong type. You have to use DVD+R DL not the DVD-R DL.

9. OP
    NakedZombo

NakedZombo Member

Ratings:
    I got it to work. This computer says it can read and write DVD+R DL but it can't. I burned a game on my other computer and it work.

But, of course karma gets to me and 2 days later I get E 74. So I'm going to get m$ to replace it with a refurb and hopefully someone will find a way to flash liteons before Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.