What's new

Question Mo' Creatures SMP Installation

Gaara

Gaara

Contributor
Forum Addict Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I need help installing it. I get the error "The system cannot find the path specified."

Running 64 bit windows, on bukkit. Get the error whenever opening "RunCBServer1185."
It's probably something simple that I'm missing.

Whoever can get it running on my server becomes an admin.

J

Joe12o

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I need help installing it. I get the error "The system cannot find the path specified."

Running 64 bit windows, on bukkit. Get the error whenever opening "RunCBServer1185."
It's probably something simple that I'm missing.

Whoever can get it running on my server becomes an admin.
I'll try to set up a server folder tomorrow with Mo' Creatures and send you a link if you don't get figure it out by then.

Edit: Nevermind I decided to do it tonight, here you go:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3yjfipmbqpfrips
Remember to install it on your client too.
P.S. You don't have to make me an admin because I don't play Minecraft much and if I do I play SP, I just like to make mods/set up servers. Also, if you still get that error just right click on the .bat file and open it with notepad and change:
Code:
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"
To where ever you have your java.exe.

Upvote 0
Gaara

Gaara

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll try to set up a server folder tomorrow with Mo' Creatures and send you a link if you don't get figure it out by then.

Code:
P.S. You don't have to make me an admin because I don't play Minecraft much and if I do I play SP, I just like to make mods/set up servers. Also, if you still get that error just right click on the .bat file and open it with notepad and change:
Code:
So, the server is running, but I disconnect immediately as soon as I try and join. I have to install it on the client too? It said not too on the forum.

Upvote 0
ooZeeKoo

ooZeeKoo

Se7en Vetran
Reaction score
Sin$
So, the server is running, but I disconnect immediately as soon as I try and join. I have to install it on the client too? It said not too on the forum.

im almost certain you have to have it installed on your client aswell, due to your client needing to be able to have the animal models/sounds/items/etc working on it.

Upvote 0
Gaara

Gaara

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
im almost certain you have to have it installed on your client aswell, due to your client needing to be able to have the animal models/sounds/items/etc working on it.

Code:
Code:
So I installed the client, and it gives me disconnect.endofstream. What am I doing wrong? This is frustrating me. /:

10c024f339dc1cb2f01e4cfc0a2df306.png

Upvote 0
ooZeeKoo

ooZeeKoo

Se7en Vetran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I installed the client, and it gives me disconnect.endofstream. What am I doing wrong? This is frustrating me. /:

10c024f339dc1cb2f01e4cfc0a2df306.png
hmmm, thats weird.... it may be the server files, but i'm not sure, as i didn't make them/look @ them... but its been a while since i set up server mods like this... when i get on my computer, i'll try to help you out a bit more.... maybe over team-viewer or something.

Upvote 0
Gaara

Gaara

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
hmmm, thats weird.... it may be the server files, but i'm not sure, as i didn't make them/look @ them... but its been a while since i set up server mods like this... when i get on my computer, i'll try to help you out a bit more.... maybe over team-viewer or something.
That'd be awesome, thank youuu.

Upvote 0
Gaara

Gaara

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you install the client version that comes with the SMP version? Do NOT use the one that is a separate file use the one in the SMP zip file.
That would explain things. I installed the single player version normally.
If this works, I'll love you forever. Will edit when I install it from the SMP folder.

Did you install the client version that comes with the SMP version? Do NOT use the one that is a separate file use the one in the SMP zip file.
So, I opened Server_Starter, dragged the stuff from "CLIENT" in the SMP folder to my .minecraft folder. Started the server, got the same "Disconnect.endOfStream" error I posted a pic of earlier.
Any ideas? You seem to know what you're talking about.

Upvote 0
ooZeeKoo

ooZeeKoo

Se7en Vetran
Reaction score
Sin$
(assuming your server files are installed properly) i can't think of a logical reason as to why this is happening, are you port forwarded? cuz that could be a reason people can't join.... is it just you or everyone who can't join?

i remember i used to disconnect within 15 seconds because of a corrupt map, its a longshot, by try changing the map,

and do you have any other mods/plugins installed?

Upvote 0
Gaara

Gaara

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
(assuming your server files are installed properly) i can't think of a logical reason as to why this is happening, are you port forwarded? cuz that could be a reason people can't join.... is it just you or everyone who can't join?

i remember i used to disconnect within 15 seconds because of a corrupt map, its a longshot, by try changing the map,

and do you have any other mods/plugins installed?
Removed any other plugins, changed the map, I can't join, neither can 2 friends of mine.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register