What's new

Patched Missing Texture in Erosion

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I noticed this just now. IW forgot to check all the textures i guess.
CYCTl.png

Crinchy

Crinchy

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
It's so they can add a HD texture pack for people to buy.

*Humms Indiana Jones theme song for no apparent reason*

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
It's so they can add a HD texture pack for people to buy.

*Humms Indiana Jones theme song for no apparent reason*
LOL, they just are probably lazy and didnt fix it. Because this is the PS3 so the map came out a month later so they had time to touch up.

J

Jwow

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
if it was a missing texture it would be a blue and pink checkerboard.

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope, what game does that? In COD, missing textures are see-through.
You are wrong. I've seen missing textures before in MW2 and it was a blue and pink checkerboard. Plus that's not a missing texture. IW was making a map called Erosion, where buildings were falling apart, rocks were eroded, ect. That is not a missing texture, they most likely made it like that to make it look like a piece of the flooring broke off.

OG_NAME_IS_OG

OhGnomez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You are wrong. I've seen missing textures before in MW2 and it was a blue and pink checkerboard. Plus that's not a missing texture. IW was making a map called Erosion, where buildings were falling apart, rocks were eroded, ect. That is not a missing texture, they most likely made it like that to make it look like a piece of the flooring broke off.

Im afraid that is correct, the pink, white and green checkerboards are objects that don't have a texture attached to them. If you strip the textures from erosion then it would just be weird checkerboards everywhere, but the objects would still be in place.

Under the WaW map Asylum, there is a load of checkerboard blocks, that also have numbers on them.

Igotahalfchub

Igotahalfchub

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks like chipped tiling, if it were missing textures the spots would be more black and white and blocky, also the edges are cut in a jagged fashion which to me makes me think they were going for a "broken" look.

R

Resistant

Follow me and I'll follow back!
Chatty Kathy Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
it just looks like someone shot the floor.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Im afraid that is correct, the pink, white and green checkerboards are objects that don't have a texture attached to them. If you strip the textures from erosion then it would just be weird checkerboards everywhere, but the objects would still be in place.

Under the WaW map Asylum, there is a load of checkerboard blocks, that also have numbers on them.
Then how do you explain this?
vVFMS.jpg

Front of the House outside of Dome.

C5pEI.jpg

The back of the same house.

ForeverLoading

ForeverLoading

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
C5pEI.jpg

The back of the same house.
That isn't a missing texture, they need something to apply a texture to and that house doesn't have walls. They put 1-way textures only on the sides that you can see.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
That isn't a missing texture, they need something to apply a texture to and that house doesn't have walls. They put 1-way textures only on the sides that you can see.
Those are behind the house, the back isnt visible in the map, so why would it be one way if you cant even see the other side?

ForeverLoading

ForeverLoading

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Those are behind the house, the back isnt visible in the map, so why would it be one way if you cant even see the other side?
All textures are 1-way because of the way they are coded. You have to have a second texture applied facing the opposite direction to be able to see them from both sides.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
All textures are 1-way because of the way they are coded. You have to have a second texture applied facing the opposite direction to be able to see them from both sides.
But i have went under the house to see that side and theres nothing there. And what about invisible barriers?

Fuzz

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
But i have went under the house to see that side and theres nothing there. And what about invisible barriers?
There is a difference between a missing texture and a purposeful invisible object.

SnappiestJack

SnappiestJack

Contributor
Modder Fabled Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
No point texturing sides the player cannot see from inside the map, just a waste of space on the dvd.

Top Bottom
Login
Register