• Views 293
RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Bug Finder Glitcher End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
As if we weren't already pumped up for the next entry in this creative, free-running, and now open-world series, EA goes and releases a little snippet of a trailer, just to tease us all with the sheer beauty Mirror's Edge Catalyst will have to offer. Running at 60 frames per second, this new trailer really shows the creativity that was required to pull off this accomplishment across multiple genres.

With the release of this short trailer, EA has also announced there will be a more extended peak into the world of the main protagonist, Faith, tomorrow at Gamescom. Most likely being shown during the EA press conference at 12:30.

No longer merely a stream of levels to be played one after the other, this next chapter in the Mirror's Edge series will see a sprawling city, with the ability to move fluidly between every rooftop, and also gain access to the interiors of buildings. With a plethora of side missions being included in the game, it seems we won't want to stop running through the massive open world available to us.

That, in turn, is where gameplay comes into the discussion. Running is something you can't even press a button to perform, as Faith will be running by default whenever you move her character around, only gaining speed when she is moved forward for a period of time without stopping. This, along with the parkour style of scaling buildings, seamlessly flows together with the combat system of the game. Thus, tasking the player to avoid conflict with wall runs and other actions of the sort, while simultaneously using said actions to take out enemies. Being portrayed not as a reboot, and also not a prequel, Catalyst will be solely building up the character of Faith, developing her from the start of the game, to the conclusive end.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst will be released for Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PC on February 23, 2016.

Looking forward to performing parkour in Mirror's Edge sprawling city? Let us know in the comments below!

Source
Source

Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hope they plan to add at least some new stuff. Reskinning the first game is just a waste of a good idea to me.

slowkake

slowkake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Omg...Can you not do this to us,I want this game so bad!But thank's for the new trailer! (Hype)

RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Bug Finder Glitcher End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hope they plan to add at least some new stuff. Reskinning the first game is just a waste of a good idea to me.

The only new stuff I'm seeing is that they've completely removed gun combat for Faith, making players strictly use hand-to-hand combat. Also, that Catalyst will be open world, as I believe the other entries in this series were not.

Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The only new stuff I'm seeing is that they've completely removed gun combat for Faith, making players strictly use hand-to-hand combat. Also, that Catalyst will be open world, as I believe the other entries in this series were not.
Kinda lame that guns are gone. I wasn't hoping for that, more along the lines of hoping for swords or throwing weapons. Oh well, Open World is nice.

Top Bottom
Login
Register