PC Minecraft Server Hosts

Discussion in 'Minecraft Support' started by LmfaoBen, Jun 21, 2012 with 93 replies and 15,071 views.

1. Dog

Dog Member

Ratings:
    Why not just host on your computer? Dedicate a GB of RAM to minecraft and host if it's just for friends (I'm guessing) that'll just be easier than dishing out cash for something like this.

2. Str8UpWhite64

Str8UpWhite64 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My internet blows and I'm on a Macbook. It would be ideal, I believe, to have it hosted on a server elsewhere. I could upgrade to have plenty more RAM there, if I had a good amount of people on it, or if we felt it necessary.

3. Dog

Dog Member

Ratings:
    Well since you're still wanting to buy hosting, I've used this company they're really good always answered back relatively quickly never experienced any lag whatsoever price is also cheaper than your $16 for 1GB.

4. Str8UpWhite64

Str8UpWhite64 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I was looking for that site, but lost the name! Thank you for the link. I have no idea how to setup anything, and I was hoping for some help. How easy is it to set up a modpack onto a server like that? I want to be able to control the server and change the list of who can join, while not having to learn too much code. I know, I'm a noob. :tongue:

5. Dog

Dog Member

Ratings:
    As far as I know you can only install Vanilla, Bukkit and Tekkit (Not 100% on Tekkit though) but you should go in game and type /whitelist on and then /whitelist add yourusername and whoever else you want to be able to join. Through the command line type op yourname and you'll become an operator or admin of the game, and can control it. If you need anymore help shoot me a PM or just reply here.

6. Str8UpWhite64

Str8UpWhite64 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks. I contacted customer support and they got back to me really quickly. They told me I dont have to set anything up myself, which is awesome.

7. Dog

Dog Member

Ratings:
    Yea, their pretty awesome good luck with your server :biggrin:

8. Str8UpWhite64

Str8UpWhite64 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks!

9. Sway

Sway :(){ :|:& };:

Ratings:
    LmfaoBen, Add SingleHop Been with em for a few weeks now, and I'm loving it. Their dedicated servers are sweet :biggrin:

10. OP
    LmfaoBen

LmfaoBen Minecraft Guru / Cat Daddy

Ratings:
    Insanely overpriced company is insanely overpriced. I think we have enough pocket milkers up there as of now, but I'll add them should I see fit in the future.

Thanks for the input.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sway

Ratings:
    Very overpriced, but their customer support, and quality is the best I've ever had. I also got a 10% discount on every single thing they added to my server. :tongue:

[​IMG]
    Edit: $188.00 for that 1270v2 ;3

Edit2: Allgamer is god and all, i had a dedicated server with them, but they kicked me out once i started getting hit by little 70mbit DDoS attacks with a 100mbit line. Do the math.
    Incero is garbage. I was with them a while back, and they were more about money than they were about their customers. Their 1Gbit lines are cool and all, but i prefer a host that knows how to do customer support.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  12. Skeleton

Skeleton I like cats.

Ratings:
    Pytohost is the server im going with.

13. Jessica Nigri

Jessica Nigri Cosplay Star

Ratings:
    I am thinking of going with Fragnet, anyone vouch for them?

14. Skeleton

Skeleton I like cats.

Ratings:
    What plan are you going with?

15. Jessica Nigri

Ratings:
    Im thinking 1G to start, the only problems i have seen with it so far is that you can have a custom IP.

16. Skeleton

Skeleton I like cats.

Ratings:
  17. OP
    LmfaoBen

LmfaoBen Minecraft Guru / Cat Daddy

Ratings:
    If you're inexperienced, Fragnet is a good starting point.

Skeleton, hop off if you plan to spam the host you like.

18. Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher In lulz we trust

Ratings:
  19. Jessica Nigri

Ratings:
    Thanks for your input, I'm not inexperienced as i have hosted other servers before, but i was looking for something really reliable with good uptime. Fragnet seems like a good choice.

20. Sway

Ratings:
    Skeleton, Don't be a fool.

Fragnet is good for starters. You should be good with them :smile:

• Like Like x 1