What's new

Discussion Minecraft on code freeze

JaypaK

JaypaK

Enthusiast
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
All credit goes to the people on minecraftforum.net, I'm just informing you.

A code freeze for Minecraft is now in effect! In software jargon, a code freeze is essentially a tight set of restrictions placed on what can be added to game code, with a focus on polishing, bug-fixing and streamlining the game instead of adding more features. This assures that Minecraft will be released as a smooth, mostly (or entirely!) bug-free game.

Minecraft has gone through some amazing changes since its humble beginnings, adding tons of features and content. What have been some of your favorite additions to the game?

So, what this is basically saying is that there will be no major updates for minecraft while Mojang is working on fixing the bugs.

Notch(from twitter) said:
The adventure update is going great! We’re adding features and cramming in content, and then started feature creeping and content creeping. What we’ve got on our hands now is somewhere in between a finished Adventure Mode update and a version of the game we’d be proud to call just “Minecraft”. Not “Minecraft Beta” or “Minecraft Alpha”, but just plain and simple “Minecraft”.
And we’re going to release that version of the game live on stage in Vegas at MineCon! Woooo!
Up until then, instead of trying to squeeze in another real release, we’re going to do weekly (or so) pre releases, aimed at advanced players. We release these via twitter, so make sure to follow me (@notch) and Jens (@jeb_) if you’re interested in those.
Also, we’re finally adding a dragon.
-Notch 10/11/11

caspertheghost

caspertheghost

Hey cutie ASL?
Reaction score
Sin$
All credit goes to the people on minecraftforum.net, I'm just informing you.

So, what this is basically saying is that there will be no major updates for minecraft while Mojang is working on fixing the bugs.

Thanks for letting the community know but if you ever look at notches twitter or the word of notch you should have read this.

Notch said:
The adventure update is going great! We’re adding features and cramming in content, and then started feature creeping and content creeping. What we’ve got on our hands now is somewhere in between a finished Adventure Mode update and a version of the game we’d be proud to call just “Minecraft”. Not “Minecraft Beta” or “Minecraft Alpha”, but just plain and simple “Minecraft”.
And we’re going to release that version of the game live on stage in Vegas at MineCon! Woooo!
Up until then, instead of trying to squeeze in another real release, we’re going to do weekly (or so) pre releases, aimed at advanced players. We release these via twitter, so make sure to follow me (@notch) and Jens (@jeb_) if you’re interested in those.
Also, we’re finally adding a dragon.
-Notch 10/11/11

Zakb009

Zakb009

Uni pride yo!
Retired
Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
We all knew this was going to happen. They tried to fit too much stuff into one update.

cosbraa

cosbraa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
se7ensins is so slow getting the news. :tongue:
I assume most of you look at notch/jens twitters and the MCForum and all that stuff.

XoX

XoX

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't get technical. We know what he means

Code Freeze = No coding.
Feature Freeze = No new features, but still a lot of tweaking and bug fixing.
Big difference. We should cry if they put a code freeze on Minecraft because that means we would get a buggy release.

dEku

dEku

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Code Freeze = No coding.
Feature Freeze = No new features, but still a lot of tweaking and bug fixing.
Big difference. We should cry if they put a code freeze on Minecraft because that means we would get a buggy release.

If people had common sense, they could put two and two together. I'm pretty sure when Notch posted he wasn't going to be adding more things but polishing the code, we got the idea.

Top Bottom
Login
Register