Migration to a new hard drive question!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by stone telephone, Nov 9, 2008 with 5 replies and 4,442 views.

1. stone telephone

stone telephone Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok I currently have a 20 GB Hard Drive and I plan on buying a 120 GB Hard Drive, now there are some files I have that are higher than 512MB witch is the largest Xbox360 Memory Card, if I am to use the Xport to save a bunch of files on my computer am I able to put it all on the new hard drive, with all halo 3/halo 3 modded content?

2. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    Not really, just call Msoft and explain you are getting a new HDD and they will send you the cable and software to do it automatically

3. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Xport has a feature that allows you to back all your data. But this may cause some problems. For example your hard drive may have some files saying that its a 20 GB when it's really a 120GB, so then it wont work. So like what Venomous Fire (Yes, I copied and pasted, I'm too lazy to type it out) when you get the hard drive you will get one of these:

[​IMG]

You'll plug it in like this (The USB goes into the xbox)

[​IMG]

Then pop the included CD in and run it, it takes about an half an hour while the xbox copies only the necessary files (Games, Accounts, etc). I also got the 120 GB upgrade, be sure to keep the cable because if your connection method breaks, you can use this (It's what I use) and the ESB end would go into your pc.

Woo!! Post 200.

4. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    You could transfer everything over manually except the map packs. Since you are using the same console as before, you could connect to xbox live and re-download the map packs. If you are going to go with Venomous Fire's method, don't get an xport (unless you already have it) as the Migration kit is good enough for your needs. Also noting that if you buy the 120gb hdd NEW, it comes with the cable+software in the package.

5. Head Tax

Head Tax Premium Premium

Ratings:

So this comes with the 120 GB when you buy it?

EDIT: Oh god I'm an idiot.

6. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ya it comes with all extra hard drives.