• Views 368
Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
What exactly will you be using the PC for?

16GB is a bit overkill for gaming.
Same thing with the i7, it's really not needed for gaming.
You won't need a 850W for that build. 750W will be just fine and you could maybe even get by with a 650W.
Paying for full-price Windows is honestly a bit silly nowadays.

The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
With 2 970's I would be assuming you'd be doing + 1080p right?

And like what everyone else is saying, if you're just gonna game, you don't need the 16gb, though its nice to have 16gb if its burning a hole in your pocket or something...

Remove 8gb of RAM and then you could afford a different monitor (if you want obviously).

If you have Windows on your current PC, just use that and you'll have even more £££

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
With 2 970's I would be assuming you'd be doing + 1080p right?

And like what everyone else is saying, if you're just gonna game, you don't need the 16gb, though its nice to have 16gb if its burning a hole in your pocket or something...

Remove 8gb of RAM and then you could afford a different monitor (if you want obviously).

If you have Windows on your current PC, just use that and you'll have even more £££
I know.

I want 16GB because I would be rendering and stuff. I don't want an extra monitor, 1's enough. :smile:

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you want to game at 4k or 1440p or 144hz?
Not sure yet mate, don't think I'll be getting this exact build, think it's a Twin Frozr 4GB 980 GPU rather than the SLI 970's so probably 1080p, or 1440p if I can afford it.

The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
I know.

I want 16GB because I would be rendering and stuff. I don't want an extra monitor, 1's enough. :smile:

Get a better res monitor was what I meant. 4k monitors are getting pretty cheap, just so you know.

NerdysMods

NerdysMods

LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Get 2 780ti..i think Newegg still has an easter deal on one of the brands

NerdysMods

NerdysMods

LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The 900 series are better than the 700 series cards.
Yea I know that and from what I see the 780 ti is pretty close to the 980 so why not get 2 780 ti.. Or if u really wanted to get the one 980 and save for another.. And I swear on new eggs easter deals they had a couple 780ti and they were like 350-380$

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea I know that and from what I see the 780 ti is pretty close to the 980 so why not get 2 780 ti.. Or if u really wanted to get the one 980 and save for another.. And I swear on new eggs easter deals they had a couple 780ti and they were like 350-380$
Because it is still better to get the newer tech regardless of the price. The 900 series will perform better using new/updated architectures.

EpicMeatWad69

EpicMeatWad69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They're literally all the same card. There's going to be minimal differences between them. The G1 gaming 970 would be £25 more if you get them in SLI. Pay the extra if you want.
25$ is worth it, better cooling, higher clocks, plus the g1's backplate is sexy as hell.

Eycd

Eycd

qq
Reaction score
Sin$
They're literally all the same card. There's going to be minimal differences between them. The G1 gaming 970 would be £25 more if you get them in SLI. Pay the extra if you want.
I had EVGA ACX 2.0 970 and then got the G1 Gaming, much better card, better overclocker, for me somehow quieter and it looks better imo.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
25$ is worth it, better cooling, higher clocks, plus the g1's backplate is sexy as hell.
$ and £ are not the same. Every card is going to be different. The performance difference is minimal since they're the same card. Backplate could be worth it. It's up to OP, that's why I said get whichever he prefers.

I had EVGA ACX 2.0 970 and then got the G1 Gaming, much better card, better overclocker, for me somehow quieter and it looks better imo.
I prefer the look of the SC card. Some SC cards will overclock better than some G1's. All personal opinion but regardless, performance difference between different brand 970's is going to be minimal.

EpicMeatWad69

EpicMeatWad69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
$ and £ are not the same. Every card is going to be different. The performance difference is minimal since they're the same card. Backplate could be worth it. It's up to OP, that's why I said get whichever he prefers.

I prefer the look of the SC card. Some SC cards will overclock better than some G1's. All personal opinion but regardless, performance difference between different brand 970's is going to be minimal.
Personal preference yes, me being someone who wanted the most out of the GTX 970 I went with two G1's

Top Bottom
Login
Register