Might be able to get iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Krafty, Dec 4, 2008 with 11 replies and 509 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krafty

Krafty I ♥ asian women VIP Retired

Ratings:
    I might be able to get it, anything other than this Crapberry, but on Craigslist someone may buy it. So I was wondering, my mom is eligible for an upgrade, just a few things:

1. Will she be able to keep her current phone?
    2. Will i be forced onto the iPhone plan?
    3. Do I HAVE to get data? A friend of mines who upgraded said they push you but you have an option.
    4. All I have to do i swap my SIM card, correct?

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I'm not 100% sure, I'd say 85...

1. Pretty sure
    2. Yes
    3. Pretty sure...but if you think you can get out of it...be my guest
    4. Pretty sure

3. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    She can keep your current phone, and I'm pretty sure that you can remove the iPhone plan if you don't need cellular data. Worst comes to worst, you have to keep it on your account for a month then remove it.

4. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I thought they made you have a data plan for the iPhone?

5. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    With the first iPhone they gave you the ability to remove the data plan from your account in OLAM.

Also @ Krafty:

There's some fairly substantiated rumors floating around that there's gonna be a 4GB iPhone 3G sold exclusively at Wal-Mart for $99. No word when its going to be available, but Wal-Mart employees are getting training books for activating the iPhone now, so it should be out before christmas.

6. OP
    Krafty

Ratings:
    [Click here to view the link]

Not sure, many people arent believing it.

Actually, nevermind. I got a response from the guy, he wants to trade his iPhone for my BB.

In what? I ended up getting it and everything went well, but now at the activation im stuck at the data plan. Is there anyway to bypass this?

7. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    I'm not sure what its like in the states, but in the UK a mainstream service provider is the only company that are selling iPhones.

Now unless you were to Jailbreak your iPhone, it would have to stay tied with that service provider. And I would pretty much suggest jailbreaking it anyway, unless you have a warranty on it and something were to happen.

8. OP
    Krafty

Ratings:
    So, I was logged in OLAM and I switched my device, but now what? I dont want to change plans.

It says its active.

Nvm, jailbroken, activated & unlocked.

9. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
  10. heytheree

heytheree Enthusiast

Ratings:
    OMG YOU HAZ IN IPHONE NOW. What theme you using?

11. OP
    Krafty

Ratings:
    Yeah, its not the 3G, just the 1st Gen but thast fine. I got Winterboard but I havent downloaded a theme yet cause something happened with Cydia and I had to re-Quickpwn it (for like the 381st time) and I was too lazy to see which one I wanted. Although I do miss the one you gave me for my iPod touch.

12. heytheree

heytheree Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Icarus was...amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.