What's new

Discussion Microsoft types of Bans

C

Cytogon

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm getting a JTAG and I was wondering if microsoft IP address bans you (no xbox 360 system can be put up on LIVE) or if they just console ban you. JW.

Ells

Ells

#yoloswag
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm getting a JTAG and I was wondering if microsoft IP address bans you (no xbox 360 system can be put up on LIVE) or if they just console ban you. JW.

They console ban you. KV's unban you.

/Thread.

Luminate

Luminate

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
KV's are expensive though, and can range in price depending on whether or not you can use type one or two. If you have a Xenon you can use both, so I would recommend, and do the 12v fan mod because Xenon has a higher chance of RRoD...

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
The thing is however is that JTAGing it doesn't increase any risk of getting the RROD.

However if you are buying a premade console, it would be safe to say that some kid just bought a RROD 360 from wherever and sloppily threw it together with a temp fix for the RROD. Which means it is inevitable that you will get RROD soon unless they actually know what they are doing. Which they usually don't.

Gunz

Gunz

Gunz Iz Teh Hax
Reaction score
Sin$
He wants to know the different types of bans not how they ban you.

Types Of Bans

24 hour

48 hour

1 week

2-3 weeks

Semi Permanent
account displays a ban to 9/99/99 was banned for the in ability for them to charge your credit card for xbox live gold can be unbanned by updating credit card info.

Permanent
Banned to 9/99/99

Console Ban
can be unbanned via KV swap

(IN VERY RARE CASES)
IP Ban
Your current ip is blocked from xbox live any accounts made with the ip are banned within 24 hours consoles are not effected as far as I know.

Top Bottom
Login
Register