What's new

Solved Microsoft Transfer Cable Disc Help.

• Thread starter NineInchNails
  • Start date
  • Views 841
N

NineInchNails

Reaction score
So I bought a Xbox 360 S, because my old Elite wasn't working so I just got a new 360 S. Since Microsuck had to be stupid and not include a transfer cable needed to transfer my old hard drive to the new one, I had to buy one(from a third party). So I had to buy 3 transfer cables online until I realized, oh my god I wasted my money because the stupid discs they send my don't work on the 360 which you need to do in order to transfer your stuff. So I have a cable (actually 3), but no disc. I have the DVD+R DL, which work for the 360. I cannot for the life of me find a copy of the disc to download. So I need help with that. If anybody can make a copy of their disc, send me a link to download it, and maybe tell me how to burn it, that would be amazingly helpful (in other words if you help me I will give you good reputation.)

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
hmmmm, what do you need the disc for? you unhook your hdd from your xbox and plug it into the cable, then plug the usb end into your computer, no disc needed.

G

Gibs

Getting There
Reaction score
hmmmm, what do you need the disc for? you unhook your hdd from your xbox and plug it into the cable, then plug the usb end into your computer, no disc needed.
The disk is needed to transfer content while on your 360

But to answer the OPs question, the only way that would work is if your xbox is flashed and you cant really mod the slim.

N

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know nothing, nub.

On-topic. Use a USB stick to transfer your data from the old HDD to the new HDD. It will be slow doing it this way, but it will work.

Top Bottom