What's new

Discussion Microsoft says they still expect Black Ops 3 to be ‘really big title’ for Xbox

Nagato

Nagato

Se7enVeteran
Stickied Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft says they still expect Black Ops 3 to be ‘really big title’ for Xbox even without having DLC deal for first time in years

Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg spoke with GameSpot recently, where he talked about how Microsoft plans to fill the void of no longer having the Call of Duty DLC agreement with Xbox side. Microsoft has had the DLC deal for Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2, but this year the tides changed – Sony got the agreement for the PS4.
Greenberg still insists that Black Ops 3 will be a really big title for Xbox platforms, just like before. He furthered stated that fans who want Halo and Call of Duty can only get that on Xbox One.

We expect Black Ops III to be a really big title for us this year just like it has been in previous years. The fact is that there is no content in Call of Duty that we don’t get. The fact is if you want to play Call of Duty and Halo, you’re gonna want to do that on Xbox One. If you want to play Call of Duty and Halo and Tomb Raider or Forza or any of the seven big exclusives we have this holiday, you’re only going to be able to do that on our box. With that said, we know a lot of fans will play Call of Duty on other platforms. And we’re sure Activision will have great success with the title. That’s great for the industry overall. But our focus is making sure that our Xbox fans have all the best games, and I think we’re delivering that with Call of Duty and the rest of our games lineup.

Microsoft also lost Call of Duty eSports, as Call of Duty World League will be played exclusively on PlayStation 4, but they do have Halo 5’s new Halo Championship Series.

http://charlieintel.com/2015/10/29/...hout-having-dlc-deal-for-first-time-in-years/

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So?
Even if they are not partnered with Microsoft it will still do good. It's Cod for god's sake.

TheItalianLad

TheItalianLad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They are starting to regret giving call of duty to PS4.

Wavy

Wavy

Content Creator
Retired
Platinum Record Video Connoisseur Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They are starting to regret giving call of duty to PS4.
I wish we could just eliminate exclusivity all together, but I also would rather have Xbox to be the official competitive console for LAN's and such.

Nagato

Nagato

Se7enVeteran
Stickied Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish we could just eliminate exclusivity all together, but I also would rather have Xbox to be the official competitive console for LAN's and such.
See, I disagree there. I had 2 Xbox One's and they were really bad. I just had a bad experience. A lot of Xbox people went over to PS4 too. So it's good PS4 is getting it first. I don't see why there is even a contract for who gets what first...

Big Foot

Big Foot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is good news! all the try hards who think they are mlg pros will switch to ps4 and leave noobs for the rest of us

Razor sean

Razor sean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It may be a good title for Xbox one, but PS4 will once again end up selling more copies no doubt about it..

D

Deaz3y

Live Your Life
Reaction score
Sin$
They do just really need to keep xbox for cod esports and take away the exclusive stuff

Top Bottom
Login
Register