Microsoft Repair Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Sixen, Feb 4, 2010 with 13 replies and 287 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay, so i have a banned xbox 360.
    I rung up MS and requested to open a repair i gave them all the info all went good i got my shipping label, and RROD'd it.
    Now my one question is, will they still repair it even if its banned?
    One of my friends said they wouldn't repair it. But as long as the repair request went through it should be fine right?
    And im worried because i already have it Red ringed and dont want a dead xbox.
    Just a note it was NOT banned for jtaging or FW modding. It was banned for phishing accounts(wasn't me -_-)

2. offica1 g33k

offica1 g33k Getting There

Ratings:
    then wont fix any banned consoles...

3. OP
    Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Wouldn't the rep have said that they wouldn't fix it because it was banned?
    I mean why would they waste money if they could block the repair in the first place?

4. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Young Moolah Baby Retired

Ratings:
    Even though it might've not been you, if its your console, then you are responsible for what happens with it.

On-topic - Although as said, they won't repair a banned console, if the warranty seal is intact, I'd try my luck. Few people, atleast they claimed, were able to get their modded consoles repaired by MS.

5. OP
    Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That is the thing it was NOT banned for Modding. nothing was ever modded with it... Nothing at all.

6. integratedzero

integratedzero Premium Premium

Ratings:
    they're gonna send it back smashed into pieces with a note on it saying "**** you, love Microsoft."

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think im good, I just pulled this of the website
    [Click here to view the link]
    E. EXCLUSIONS FROM LIMITED WARRANTY
    This Limited Warranty shall not apply and Microsoft has no liability under this Limited Warranty if the Xbox Product:

• is used with products not sold or licensed by Microsoft (including, but not limited to, non-licensed games and game enhancement devices, adaptors and power supply sources) or which are otherwise incompatible;
    • is used for commercial purposes (including rental or lease);
    • is modified or tampered with;
    • is damaged by Acts of God, power surge, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, wear and tear, mishandling, misapplication, or other causes unrelated to defective materials or workmanship;
    • serial number is defaced, altered or removed;
    • is damaged by programs, data, viruses, or files, or during shipments;
    • is not used in accordance with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Xbox Product; or
    • is repaired, modified or altered by other than Microsoft authorized repair centers.

8. Vorkyone

Vorkyone Enthusiast

Ratings:

• is damaged by Acts of God, power surge, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, wear and tear, mishandling, misapplication, or other causes
    Wtf. GOD?

9. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Young Moolah Baby Retired

Ratings:
    Microsoft being who they are, they'll twist and turn s*** around, and the console will be returned the same way you sent it.

All you can do is try and hope for the best. =)

10. OP
    Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well, Hopefully they will(fingers crossed) because i already red ringed it. I don't want to replace his xbox

11. trees415

trees415 Newbie

Ratings:
    dude, send it to me, ill fix that ****. its one of the easier things I've done with a 360, do some research online, I've done the x-clamp fix on 4 different 360's, all with different 3-ring error codes, and 3 were very successful, and 1 was mostly successful, just took a little more tweaking. While it will void your warranty, in this case, your warranty is technically nonexistent anyways. So, if u still havn't sent it to MS yet, as long as you can do basic and careful handling of electronic components, then just do it yourself. I would use This video as a good tutorial, good luck: [Click here to view the link]
    ps: yeah, the ***** in this vid is a little strange, but its still pretty helpful.

12. iGotTheSmores

iGotTheSmores Enthusiast

Ratings:
  13. OP
    Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i ****ed up the ram i dont think you can fix it

14. DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    they fixed my banned console... but thats was about 2 years ago. they might have changed there TOS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.