Microsoft Points - Card not working?

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by Silver Bruh, Jan 28, 2009 with 8 replies and 138 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Bruh

Silver Bruh Banned

Ratings:
    I PM'ed my code to AzzidReign, and it seems to not be working. I found an error in the code the first time, but after that, it seemed that the code was correct.

After he tried the code multiple times, I asked my mother and father to read the code. Both times, they repeated the code that I had submitted to Azzid.

I asked him to try it on the dashboard, which he will try tomorrow.

But I went the extra-mile about 10 minutes ago, and walked back to the store to make sure the card was activated. It WAS activated.

So, anyone have any ideas why it's not working for him? [Over the redeem code option on xbox.com] and I will be sending him a High-Definition picture of the card so he can see the code himself.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening?:.(

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I've heard of cards not working, you need to call MS

3. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You're Canadian correct? That could be the problem. It's something with the exchange rate. To test it, enter it on your xbox (but don't actually use it, just test to see if it works) and if it works for you, it's because your account is registered as Canadian. I'm pretty sure if Azzid were to call 1-800-4-My-Xbox he could get it sorted out with them though (it might take a while, but they'll probably present some solution).

4. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    They're region locked, if you buy a card in Canada, they won't work in the USA and vice versa.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Silver Bruh

Silver Bruh Banned

Ratings:
    I see. So, because I bought it in Canada it will not work for him, because of the region filter. And you suggest he calls microsoft to sort it out.

I think a good excuse for when he calls them is to say he bought the card in Canada while travelling, and is now in the USA again.:thumbup:

6. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    But they're not gonna give you another card or anything, it just strait up won't work.

You can make an account in Canada, then recover it in the USA and redeem it, that's about your only option.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    Silver Bruh

Silver Bruh Banned

Ratings:
    Make an account on Xbox Live and redeem it in the USA (By AzzidReign)?

I guess that could work. :/
    I appreciate the help FRABAR, the info made me Jizz in my pants, as I watched a horror film and walked into the rain, and when I checked my found and saw you ring.:wink:

8. Conquer

Conquer Member

Ratings:
    Im not 100% if this would work but, If azzid trusts you, then you could sign in with his account on xbox.com on your computer and redeem it via xbox.com

9. OP
    Silver Bruh

Silver Bruh Banned

Ratings:
    Considering I registered a few days ago, I doubt he trusts me that much yet, despite us getting along. We have agreed on a plan, and you can check it out here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.