Not open for further replies.
denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/21/microsoft-secretly-paid-youtubers-for-xbox-one-coverage-4271088/

What are peoples opinions on this?

I personally think that its a stupid, a company shouldnt pay just for a good word about their console. If it is good people will say good things naturally without being lured to do it... This shows exact opposite. Says alot about their mindsets and their console..

Hopefully this doesn't end up locked at the other thread lol...

Last edited:
greylovesyou

greylovesyou

♥ VFX ♥
10th Anniversary Experienced Veteran Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally could care less about what MS does. I love my Xbox one and I don't think it really matters to me what they chose to do, It's just marketing.

Cage

Cage

#BoomTouchdown
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd like it if they paid me to tell my friends my xbox one is great.

ONI Agent Locke

ONI Agent Locke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Under normal circumstances I'd disapprove of this, but given how much negative reaction the Xbox One got because people didn't understand it or were just plain stupid (OHNODRMZORZNSASPYBOXLULZ), I see it as a potentially necessary measure. Even though I think that it didn't amount to much in the end, because, to my knowledge, most of the producers on Machinima that people watch wouldn't care about all the console jazz. I could be wrong, though, as I only watch Two Best Friends Play and Battlefield Friends.

Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Companies have been doing this for years...it's not really surprising.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Paying people to say good things about your product is one thing. Paying people to say good things about your product, then telling them they cannot say that they are being paid is not only shady, but against FTC guidelines.

GG Microsoft

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Edit:

Microsoft tells us that it is halting the program, and trying to bring existing videos in line with the FTC's requirements. "We have asked Machinima to not post any additional Xbox One content as part of this media buy and we have asked them to add disclaimers to the videos that were part of this program indicating they were part of paid advertising," writes a spokesperson.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/21/5331430/microsoft-machinima-xbox-one-youtube-promotions-response

lel

Last edited:
Buntdogg

Buntdogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ermmm dont almost every company do this?? Its whats sponsoring does...i mean when you think of anything! Airlines, shavers, watches, tvs anything...if people get paid for them to get sponsored they arent going to turn round even if they hate the product and go here thats crap...this isnt a suprise...the suprise will be if you think sony/nintendo wont be doing this

Beazt

Beazt

Programmer Mr. Nice Guy Glitcher
Reaction score
Sin$
It's just good marketing - the ones who should be blamed are the jewtubers who would go as low as to sell their opinion

SpartanG01

SpartanG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I fail to see why this is even a thing people are upset about. What do you do when you have a new product? You pay people to say it's good. It's called advertising. Who cares?

YoungSinatra

YoungSinatra

All Sinatra Everything
Reaction score
Sin$
Not surprised from Microsoft tbh. Just shows that they'll do anything for money.

Trixx209

Trixx209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its advertising ! Its the same as astros etc sponsoring gamers .. Whats the difference between that and advertising anywhere else on the internet . Its good business !

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Its advertising ! Its the same as astros etc sponsoring gamers .. Whats the difference between that and advertising anywhere else on the internet . Its good business !
Exactly. Every company has done it.

Dave

Dave

Harbinger Of Common Sense
Retired
Bright Idea Hardened Veteran Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Very scummy from Microsoft and it shows how far they are behind the competition and that they're worried about the PS4's popularity. EA have been doing the same with $10 CPM (holy sh*t) being on offer. IMO it shouldn't be allowed at all.

Trixx209

Trixx209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
PS4 is doing sooo well , why did they start charging for PSN, either way I think its a good idea ! People saying it is dumb is kinda like say oh hey we have enough money lets stop making more !

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
If i had a lump of coal that cost (rrp) 449$ and payed 3$ to someone online to say good things about my lump of coal (and tell them they cant ever speak of this deal) and thus mislead people to buy it, would it be fair or truthful?

TheDeathFlows

TheDeathFlows

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Does taking a steamy dump on the side of an xbox count

CUBE

CUBE

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Under normal circumstances I'd disapprove of this, but given how much negative reaction the Xbox One got because people didn't understand it or were just plain stupid (OHNODRMZORZNSASPYBOXLULZ), I see it as a potentially necessary measure. Even though I think that it didn't amount to much in the end, because, to my knowledge, most of the producers on Machinima that people watch wouldn't care about all the console jazz. I could be wrong, though, as I only watch Two Best Friends Play and Battlefield Friends.

Ja, matt and pat werent wernt paid anything, ive heard them bash the **** out of it. :biggrin:

Amps

Amps

Reaction score
Sin$
And you think those people in commercials aren't paid to say good things about the product they're advertising?

Same ****, different story.. People are freaking out over nothing, this is what you call business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register