Not open for further replies.
OneShot

OneShot

n.n
Retired
End of the Year 2010 End of the Year 2011 Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so im almost 100% sure that MS is getting Trigger Happy with their Bans and suspensions, I was suspended sometime ago (forgot when) for my Bio. Just got Un-suspended 2 days ago. I did NO modding, I DID NOT change my bio/motto/location/name, i WAS NOT in any modded lobbies, my GS was Zero (thanks to reset) and know i got suspended until May12th. I mean Seriously? Wow. What do you guys think?
Did the Bold and Color, for the people that cant read whats right in front of them.
Also The E-mail Was:
Xbox LIVE

Notification of Temporary Suspension: Inappropriate content in your profile

[ DO NOT REPLY to this email address. It is not monitored. ]

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been temporarily suspended due to inappropriate content in the profile for your gamertag. The inappropriate content was discovered in the Motto, Bio, Location, Name and/or Personal Picture.

The following content for the gamertag associated with this Windows Live ID was brought to our attention and was determined to have violated the Code of Conduct and/or Terms of Use:Miscellaneous Modding

Your profile was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through complaints filed by other Xbox LIVE users or in the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because this content is in violation, the LIVE Enforcement Team has deleted the content and issued a temporary suspension.

You have been sent a message in the Xbox LIVE Dashboard notifying you when your suspension will end. During this suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will be automatically reinstated at the end of your suspension period.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension. Additionally, the duration of your suspension is subject to change without prior notice by the LIVE Enforcement Team if we discover additional evidence of violations.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service. Your failure to abide by the Code of Conduct in the future may result in, among other things, longer suspension periods or cancellation of your account.

You can view the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct from the Xbox LIVE Dashboard under Xbox LIVE Policies in Account Management, or by visiting http://www.xbox.com/live/codeofconduct.htm.You can view the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use by visiting http://www.xbox.com/live/termsofuse.htm.

Note: if you are not a user of Xbox LIVE, this suspension may have been enacted due to your activity in the Zune Social. You can view the Zune Social Code of Conduct by visiting http://www.zune.net/legal/codeOfConduct.htm. You can view the Zune Social Terms of Service by visiting http://www.zune.net/legal/termsofservice.htm.

Thank you,

LIVE Enforcement Team

[ 150/T/1/21E5B9B2-2A6B-4E91-9310-1D39FA597AD0/20100427-2058 ]

This also Make NO SENSE Because when i was actually reading the E-mail it said
This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been temporarily suspended due to inappropriate content in the profile for your gamertag. The inappropriate content was discovered in the Motto, Bio, Location, Name and/or Personal Picture.
But than it said
The following content for the gamertag associated with this Windows Live ID was brought to our attention and was determined to have violated the Code of Conduct and/or Terms of Use:Miscellaneous Modding
Well i guess i had a part of my Profile titled Miscellaneous Modding With nothing in it. Thats cool. :unsure:

Matt 7S

Matt 7S

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft a bunch of no-life douche bags! :biggrin:

Data

Data

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
When you agreed to COC and ToS they can do whatever they want,
face it they got you buy the balls.

OneShot

OneShot

n.n
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
When you agreed to COC and ToS they can do whatever they want,
face it they got you buy the balls.
i know they do. D=
And @Kevin My GT was : I Hasz Jtag. And i have never been told to change it, AT ALL. Plus they stated it was from some part of my profile titled Miscellaneous Modding.

UBA Fatman UBA

UBA Fatman UBA

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think they use real people to check the complaints, I guess you just pissed of some newbs(Some kid said I had a mod because my Desert Eagle didn't have any kick back in the kill cam on CodMW2).So really, its the idiocy of the people on xbox live.

OneShot

OneShot

n.n
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think they use real people to check the complaints, I guess you just pissed of some newbs(Some kid said I had a mod because my Desert Eagle didn't have any kick back in the kill cam on CodMW2).So really, its the idiocy of the people on xbox live.
I went 75 and 2 in sabotage on MW2, the whole enemy team was spazzing out. That might of been it.

Marino HD

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sad truth is, if people are jealous of you, they'll file complaints just to get back at you.

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i know they do. D=
And @Kevin My GT was : I Hasz Jtag. And i have never been told to change it, AT ALL. Plus they stated it was from some part of my profile titled Miscellaneous Modding.

I would feel lucky if I were you. I got account banned for modding several games and after I started using my other account (Which I made BEFORE I got banned AND did NO modding) I got console banned by Microsoft around 1 week after. I enjoy steam games now -where they support modding- and some offline mods such as:
Left 4 Dead + 2
GoW2
Fallout 3
Quake 3 (Homebrew - I play with PC users)
Quake 2 (Same as above)
DOOM 1 + 2
Modded Halo 1 + 2 + 3

And some other various games. I have yet to get an email from microsoft. Communists....

KingTwoFour

Rumble

Shoot the J, SHOOT IT!
Hardened Veteran Chatty Kathy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
They are really just doing their job. If someone doesn't like you or just feels like being a D*** they report you. Microsoft checks it out and if they find something that's against the TOS your suspended.

OneShot

OneShot

n.n
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I would feel lucky if I were you. I got account banned for modding several games and after I started using my other account (Which I made BEFORE I got banned AND did NO modding) I got console banned by Microsoft around 1 week after. I enjoy steam games now -where they support modding- and some offline mods such as:
Left 4 Dead + 2
GoW2
Fallout 3
Quake 3 (Homebrew - I play with PC users)
Quake 2 (Same as above)
DOOM 1 + 2
Modded Halo 1 + 2 + 3

And some other various games. I have yet to get an email from microsoft. Communists....
I dont think they send E-mails about Console Bans.
But it is very annoying for me, in regards to my suspension.

Off Topic- Your Sig Made me Lol

T

Tucker190194

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got banned for having the word "modding" in my bio.
I could have been speaking about modding pokémon for all they know lol.

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I never got an email for any, not the account ban or the console ban... I did Lol at the account ban though. I was playing in a random game and gave someone mods for L4D2 and achievements and stuff when it just signed me out, and gave me the message:

Microsoft has decieded to TEMPORARILY SUSPEND you until the date of: 12/31/9999

Well, if it is only temporary... I guess I can wait that long.

Microsoft = Communism

OneShot

OneShot

n.n
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I never got an email for any, not the account ban or the console ban... I did Lol at the account ban though. I was playing in a random game and gave someone mods for L4D2 and achievements and stuff when it just signed me out, and gave me the message:

Well, if it is only temporary... I guess I can wait that long.

Microsoft = Communism
Wow. when i got banned on my other xbox, i was playing Waiting til Midnight to play Modded Zombies with my friends, i started the game, did 2 rounds than got a nice console ban. :lol:

kevintrannnnn

kevintrannnnn

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Your GT was I Hasz Jtag

What did you think? They have a right to ban/suspend you

KingTwoFour

Rumble

Shoot the J, SHOOT IT!
Hardened Veteran Chatty Kathy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Notification of Temporary Suspension: Inappropriate content in your profile

Your gamertag is considered to be part of your "profile"

2 Chainz

2 Chainz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Don's forget that they can ban you for old stuff also.

So if you happen to put fu(k in your bio like a year ago they can ban you for that.

No matter if you changed it.

R

Renegade X25

Permabanned
Reaction score
Sin$
Don's forget that they can ban you for old stuff also.

So if you happen to put fu(k in your bio like a year ago they can ban you for that.

No matter if you changed it.
Think yourself lucky that it is only like a week and a couple of weeks you are suspended for, a lot of people are not that lucky, Now stop bragging about how "no-life" MS are, they are doing their job, now find something else today until your suspension lifts.

E

EltonJohn

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You got banned because you broke the Microsoft ToS, simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register