Reporter Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Seriously? The outlines are nearly identical. Plus you have the huge center area.

Im sure its wayyy more comfortable, but if you cant see that the designs are extremely similar, go get some glasses. :wink:

Cant wait to get my hands on both controllers though. I don't know if anything can beat the 360 controller, it was the best imo.
Fair enough I guess.

Paragon

Paragon

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Apparently MS has made this decision weeks ago. They have been just holding out till Gamescom.
My point was that they weren't planning on this and many other positive things from the beginning. Whether they decided on this three weeks or three days ago is irrelevant to me. It seems to me that a lot of what they have been doing is just (somewhat) desperate work toward building more sales after their disaster at E3.

Zyphair

SOME MUSTARD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My point was that they weren't planning on this and many other positive things from the beginning. Whether they decided on this three weeks or three days ago is irrelevant to me. It seems to me that a lot of what they have been doing is just (somewhat) desperate work toward building more sales after their disaster at E3.
i feel as though theres a problem here with pessimism. you could look at it the way you do, or you could say... Wow, im glad microsoft is taking a second look at the features it didnt intend to include and has decided that the console and its community would greatly benefit from their inclusion. Thanks Microsoft. :smile:

see how much nicer that is? its all in the attitude.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

No I know what you ment. 2 months ago they had no intentions of the stuff. Just find it interesting they were sitting on this news for gamescom.

Them sitting on info is what got them into this mess. Lol.

ONI Agent Locke

ONI Agent Locke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If it floats other people's goats, that's okay. I'm never really interested in Indie games, but apparently a lot of other people are.

Paragon

Paragon

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Reaction score
Sin$
i feel as though theres a problem here with pessimism. you could look at it the way you do, or you could say... Wow, im glad microsoft is taking a second look at the features it didnt intend to include and has decided that the console and its community would greatly benefit from their inclusion. Thanks Microsoft. :smile:

see how much nicer that is? its all in the attitude.
I see what you're getting at, but I just can't bring myself to look at it that way. I just really don't like how Microsoft is handling the next generation as a whole. You say they're doing what they're doing great to make the community happier, but I still think they're doing this to save their own asses.

Zyphair

SOME MUSTARD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I see what you're getting at, but I just can't bring myself to look at it that way. I just really don't like how Microsoft is handling the next generation as a whole. You say they're doing what they're doing great to make the community happier, but I still think they're doing this to save their own asses.
well, heres something that im thinking.

Microsoft introduced some really unpopular policies(which i was fine with and actually liked) and so as any company with a brain would do, they back tracked. Yes they were saving their own ***, but thats also giving the consumer what they want. The two go hand in hand, and you cant have one without the other. Whether the policies were great, misunderstood, or terrible... they pulled the now famous "180". All of the policies that were so unpopular are now being retracted and changed.

Were even now hearing that their gamecon announcement was to allow for self publishing. That was another major issue now resolved. The thing is, that they made that change almost a month ago. What else do we not know because we wont let them talk about new features? Everyone is so focused on kicking microsoft while theyre down that they cant do anything but damage control.

I think that its time that EVERYONE get off of microsofts back and allow them some room to breathe.

Paragon

Paragon

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Reaction score
Sin$
well, heres something that im thinking.

Microsoft introduced some really unpopular policies(which i was fine with and actually liked) and so as any company with a brain would do, they back tracked. Yes they were saving their own ***, but thats also giving the consumer what they want. The two go hand in hand, and you cant have one without the other. Whether the policies were great, misunderstood, or terrible... they pulled the now famous "180". All of the policies that were so unpopular are now being retracted and changed.

Were even now hearing that their gamecon announcement was to allow for self publishing. That was another major issue now resolved. The thing is, that they made that change almost a month ago. What else do we not know because we wont let them talk about new features? Everyone is so focused on kicking microsoft while theyre down that they cant do anything but damage control.

I think that its time that EVERYONE get off of microsofts back and allow them some room to breathe.
You and me just don't see eye to eye on this issue. I'm not going to change your opinion and you're not going to change mine. Why don't we just agree to disagree?

Zyphair

SOME MUSTARD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You and me just don't see eye to eye on this issue. I'm not going to change your opinion and you're not going to change mine. Why don't we just agree to disagree?
im not trying to fight you. i respect you because youre being very professional about the topic towards me and can agree we both have our own opinions. I just dont like all of the negative spins people put on their comments when they can easily be reworded to be a bit more cheerful. then again its your comment and who am i to invalidate it.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
2ajustg.jpg
We also reached out to a handful of indie developers who have been outspoken on the issue. The first one to respond was Retro City Rampage developer Brian Provinciano, who ported his game to Xbox Live Arcade on the Xbox 360 as well as a variety of other platforms. His response to today's news:​
"I'm very happy to see this. After all of the developers have spoken out, they're finally listening. However, this is yet another example of them changing policy, but it sounding better than it is when the whole story is revealed. Make no mistake; while this is a great thing, it's again not the equivalent to what other platforms offer. On PS4, for example, developers can tap right into the system; use every bit of RAM and all of its power. Indies have access to everything that the AAA studios do, from platform support to development and release. The indication on Xbox One is that it's essentially XBLIG 2.0. Instead of XNA, it's Windows 8. Windows 8, which is already struggling to gain developer interest, will gain a boost from developers wishing to target the console. However, it won't be as full-fledged as published games on the system.​
After my experience working with them to release on Xbox 360, I have no interest in even buying an Xbox One, let alone developing for it. The policy changes are great, but they don't undo the experience I had. I'm not ready to forget what I went through. Working with Microsoft was the unhappiest point of my career. Policies are one thing, but developer relations are another.​
It's important to me that consumers don't see things as black and white. There are still strings attached to this policy change."​
What are your guy's thoughts on this?​

Kire

Kire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I figured that M$ wouldn't give too much freedom to developers, Xbox will always be a highly-restricted console series.

Mr Crush

Mr Crush

→ Crush ←
Reaction score
Sin$
They are assumptions. Although it's probably true, they don't know.

B

bl0wmeup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
sorry, but what does this do? I can make my own games on xbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register